1999 Tahoe rear shock mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a southern scrapyard part. Getting one may be tough if you are in salty north. I advise you to email and call a few yards that have the same truck and include all the information you can (pics part numbers ect) to get a price quote. Many yards wont deal with the riveted parts, but some might chop saw the frame on one going to crusher.
Also try LMC truck.com

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s the frame diagram, maybe it will help to see if it was ever sold separately. Your model code is K107(06). Lower diagram is for K series, top is 2WD.

6FF4F814-8B60-4333-B2B9-8EA5C61323A0.png

2FEFD1CA-3FE8-44AF-AC27-BE6118152E7F.jpeg
042571E6-FFF7-49F8-AFB1-98CDEBD0F6D6.jpeg

OP
OP
R

Rocket61

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I appreciate all the advice so far. I agree it will most likely need to be a southern part, as my local yard has 4 Tahoes, but not one good mount. I looked on LMC truck and they don't list the mount needed unfortunately. I'm a ford technician at a local dealership and have been for years so this is not uncommon around these parts on NE Pennsylvania. with that being said, if I cant get a good one from any yard anywhere, I will just have to try one from amazon or eBay and fabricate to make it work. If that's the road i go down i will take plenty of pictures and post for others to learn from. As for pics of the truck i really dont have many but will provide the couple i have on my phone. Its nothing special and bone stock besides the aftermarket parts needed to keep it on the road. I bought the Tahoe 3 years ago for $450 and needed to put an engine in it, but its been mostly used for hauling a camper.

Attachments

• IMG_0847[1].JPG
    IMG_0847[1].JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0848[1].JPG
    IMG_0848[1].JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 3

EricMason98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a 1999 Tahoe 4wd 4door and the passenger rear shock mount is rotted out. Ive looked everywhere and can not find a good used replacement, or a new replacement. Everywhere i look for this mount it keeps bringing up mounts that don't look like whats on the Tahoe, or for a Silverado. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Did you have any issues withe the lower mount? The one fixed to the axle? That’s what I’m dealing with and looking to see if there’s something aftermarket or if I need to weld on a new mount? Mine rusted out

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have any issues withe the lower mount? The one fixed to the axle? That’s what I’m dealing with and looking to see if there’s something aftermarket or if I need to weld on a new mount? Mine rusted out
This company in link has many style mounts to weld to axle housings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts