1998 yukon Mystery p0300 and rough idle still

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should get a call or visit from you. I think it is time for a different shop.
I’ve been heavily considering that. Ol boy has usually been extremely reliable but…Dude. I probably could have switched a new vortec in by the time he’s supposed to call me! I don’t think it could possibly be that complicated.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What was the agreed upon time/contact when the rig was dropped off. If you have used them before and trust them, then yes, contact them and see what they have to say. Many things could have happened but still, a contact call with an explanation of the problem with no contact should have been done. My side business is getting busier and busier because I contact and stick to what I promise.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the agreed upon time/contact when the rig was dropped off. If you have used them before and trust them, then yes, contact them and see what they have to say. Many things could have happened but still, a contact call with an explanation of the problem with no contact should have been done. My side business is getting busier and busier because I contact and stick to what I promise.
Told him to take his time, didn’t wanna rush him for a answer. Figured that within two weeks he’d get back, even with a big job he gave a call within a week. I’d imagine it’s just a really busy month since I never gave him a exact time I wanted it back, which is probably my fault. I’ll give him a call some point and find out the status on it.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a quick question. Mechanic called and said that one of the O2's wasn't sending enough data because of a exhaust leak, like it wasn't even changing at all, stuck at .450V while the rest are moving normally. I'm sure I know the answer, But can a exaust leak cause something like a p0300? He's not sure if he's found it yet, just looking for opinions.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A P0300 could cause an exhaust leak, kinda doubtful the other way around. If it is a downstream sensor could be clogged cat. That would cause a misfire. Need more info. Could you hear the exhaust leak Before?

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A P0300 could cause an exhaust leak, kinda doubtful the other way around. If it is a downstream sensor could be clogged cat. That would cause a misfire. Need more info. Could you hear the exhaust leak Before?
I can't hear it, Mechanic says I have a big one somehow. Replaced the whole exhaust myself and sprayed with soapy water afterwards, couldn't find anything. B1S2 has no reading, stuck at .450V. Maybe I messed up at the flange and it's leaking there, would be news to me. It had a p0140 even before I changed the exhaust, wonder if it's either the leak or a burned/Shorted wire. Looks like it's a upstream sensor before the cat. Or maybe not...I had this all memorized a couple months ago. Other sources tell me it after the cat, which again, is brand new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk