1998 yukon Mystery p0300 and rough idle still

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get it all sorted out?
Hello sir! I did get it sorted out, I took the intake off. The rubber thing was all the way on the other side next to the other oil galley! Funny enough, wouldn’t be able to get it without that tool I just bought. The intake is installed and it’s all almost put back together.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello sir! I did get it sorted out, I took the intake off. The rubber thing was all the way on the other side next to the other oil galley! Funny enough, wouldn’t be able to get it without that tool I just bought. The intake is installed and it’s all almost put back together.
Hey guys! I started the truck for the first time today and...Not fixed. Idle is better! But still a little rough, and misfiring on all 8 cylinders. But I'm really glad I took the time to do this! I learned a lot and prevented my coolant from dumping out somewhere when I get this fixed. I think I'm gonna call my local mechanic and see if he can figure it out again! Super interested in what he'll say! I thank everyone who helped me with my issues, I really do appreciate it.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I started the truck for the first time today and...Not fixed. Idle is better! But still a little rough, and misfiring on all 8 cylinders. But I'm really glad I took the time to do this! I learned a lot and prevented my coolant from dumping out somewhere when I get this fixed. I think I'm gonna call my local mechanic and see if he can figure it out again! Super interested in what he'll say! I thank everyone who helped me with my issues, I really do appreciate it.
Are you throwing any new codes? When I put my intake back together I needed coaching from the guys on this forum to get the distributor, and cam retard offset dialed in. After that, ran like a dream.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any luck with the shop?
Shop is pushed back all the way until the 17th of this month, I’m mostly just waiting, but also just looking around. I did find part of the wiring harness to be charred…Only saw it when I put everything back together!

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you throwing any new codes? When I put my intake back together I needed coaching from the guys on this forum to get the distributor, and cam retard offset dialed in. After that, ran like a dream.
Distributor is dialed in at negative one, no codes. Only thing I found after the intake was done, was part of my wiring harness look charred/burned. Only saw it after the job was done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE