1998 yukon Mystery p0300 and rough idle still

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir, the wires all looked good as far as I can tell. It’s hard to move the harness when it’s connected to everything, I will try to get another look when the o2 situation is handled.
Just the outer plastic loom was melted - didn’t burn through to the wires?

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir, the wires all looked good as far as I can tell. It’s hard to move the harness when it’s connected to everything, I will try to get another look when the o2 situation is handled.
Was going back through some codes, noticed something strange. Somewhere in the past had a code P1351, to my knowledge, is the ICM? Which if I'm correct, controls the spark timing...Scanned the computer with a different scanner and got that. Now the code is nowhere to be found. What the hell could that possibly mean?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry if it is gone. Dist, ICM, Coil, Long crank time potential causes.
About time you fix P0300. What is fuel pressure key on eng off? At Idle? How long till it drops 5 Lbs?

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry if it is gone. Dist, ICM, Coil, Long crank time potential causes.
About time you fix P0300. What is fuel pressure key on eng off? At Idle? How long till it drops 5 Lbs?
Still got P0300 haha! On all cylinders still, computer just doesn’t wanna throw a code for it.
Key on is 59 PSI, Idle is 55. I haven’t measured the drop ever since I changed the injectors, it took like a hour to lose 1 PSI with key off.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuel pressure is low, most likely fuel pump. Book says 60-66. I've had 2 that missed slightly at 60 under load.
That’s strange, I’ve had mixed answers here that say 55 is good running PSI. Fuel pump is a year old, it was a Delphi.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s strange, I’ve had mixed answers here that say 55 is good running PSI. Fuel pump is a year old, it was a Delphi.
Newer vintage 55 is OK. RTFM

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newer vintage 55 is OK. RTFM

New plan, gonna throw a new ICM in there just for a test, can’t hurt to try. Should have results when it gets here.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be better to see fuel trim Numbers while on hiway, as well as misfire counts at speed.If misfires rise alot as speed increases(more than linear progression).Trying to rule out fuel pump/regulator. slow down on parts changing till you gave a proper fix figured out. Adding unknown parts only extends troubleshooting time. Your scanner live data is best friend, not at idle in driveway.
I have a long hose in my fuel pressure gauge so I can stick it on windshield.

OP
OP
O

OilBurner2003

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be better to see fuel trim Numbers while on hiway, as well as misfire counts at speed.If misfires rise alot as speed increases(more than linear progression).Trying to rule out fuel pump/regulator. slow down on parts changing till you gave a proper fix figured out. Adding unknown parts only extends troubleshooting time. Your scanner live data is best friend, not at idle in driveway.
I have a long hose in my fuel pressure gauge so I can stick it on windshield.
Can’t take it on highway, misfires too hard. Fuel regulator is new as well when injectors were done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn