1996 Yukon complete interior redo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

awsomeaussies206

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
awesomeaussie, sorry to derail, but its on topic at least :) please post some pics when you recover the door inserts and a quick write up? Going black with white accents in mine. STORM TROOPER :D

Looks good Black Bear, I like that idea to recover the grilles in a different color

I think I might paint them with SEM paint instead. I'd love to give it a try, but if the paint doesn't look good then I'll go that route. I have so many things I want to do... but not the time to do it :(

kaiwren986

Reaction score
Indeed :( and its too damn cold. Unless you live in Australia, then.. I envy you! Damn warmth.

96redsport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you did your headliner, did you remove the old one first? What material did you use and type of glue? Gonna being doing a interior redo soon myself.

nobsobs98

Reaction score
diggin' the headliner, what adhesive did you use? i use 3m aerosol spray glue for alot of vinyl covering of trim but have ran into problems with it seeping through suede in my old car, could've been a lack of patience in waiting for the glue to set though, or excessive use haha. Just wondering if there is a better product for this application.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
I used 3M adhesive spray. I remove all the old headliner material first. Then covered the base headliner board with a thin piece of foam and then used a really soft polyester fabric from joanns to cover it all in the black. I ised blue suede on the speaker covers. AS long as you do the headliner small sections at a time you wont have problems with the glue seeping through. You dont need to soak it in glue as a little goes a long way.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

kelly1

Reaction score
Use can also buy the headliner material in rolls with the foam already attached. That's what I do. I also use the 3m headliner spray adhesive. One can also order rolls of headliner material from stock interiors. I've been pleased with their stuff also.

for what it's worth, I found that a red scotch brite pad works great to remove any leftover headliner material on the backerboard if used gently.

Either way, your headliner looks fantastic. Great job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn