1996 tahoe 2 door spare tire location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 96 2 door. it came with a full size steel wheel spare laying in the back cargo area. i have no clue where the spare was originally. there is a jack behind the left rear wheel well. the tank is square, right behind the rear axle. no space to winch up a spare there that i can see. keeping that full size tire in the back takes up a lot of room, i've been strapping it to the roof rack when i need to, but its freaking heavy and a pain to hump up there. i have the owners manual, but its not rally in there.

thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I used to own a 1995 Tahoe and the spare tire was inside on the driver's side, vertical.

Last edited:

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 96 2 door. it came with a full size steel wheel spare laying in the back cargo area. i have no clue where the spare was originally. there is a jack behind the left rear wheel well. the tank is square, right behind the rear axle. no space to winch up a spare there that i can see. keeping that full size tire in the back takes up a lot of room, i've been strapping it to the roof rack when i need to, but its freaking heavy and a pain to hump up there. i have the owners manual, but its not rally in there.

thanks
Look where the jack is located there should be a sticker showing the location of the spare.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
its it a space saver spare? not a lot of room there.

Mine was a full size spare. I don't think I have ever seen where they used a space saver spare on any truck model.

By the way, welcome to the forum from Oregon.

We recommend that you put all your rig(s) info in your signature so we all don’t have to guess at year, make, model, engine size, trans, rear axle locker…….etc. While you may have posted pertinent info in your first post, you may forget to do it again and the info is needed by us anyway. Makes it way easier on all members that attempt to help, to have that info right up front. It is also recommended that you take a pic of your RPO codes, on the inside cover of the glove box, and post that image in your signature. All this info will greatly help those that will try to help with a problem.

If there is any other info, like upgrades, mods or recent mechanical/maintenance work done, that would be helpful in any post as well. Too many times a question is asked by the poster and after about 10 responses we find out that the poster has done recent work to attempt to fix the problem or work that was done that SEEMS not related to the problem.

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That spare isn't bolted down and is just laying there. But that is where it lives, kinda.

OP
OP
P

puckhead32

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
guess when i need the room, its going up on the roof like it was. thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimaada0611