15 yukon SLE or tahoe lt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pericles

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade my 10 escalade to a 15 tahoe or yukon. Looking at used under 50k miles and under 40k. Only yukon I've found are sle and cloth interior. There are plenty of lt tahoes. What is the better CHOICe of the two everything remaining equal? I like the looks of the Yukon better but idk if i can live without leather. I'm in dfw area.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Katzin if installed right will be better quality leather than what's in an LT Tahoe and the customization options are endless. I think installed the going price for all three rows are around $2k depending on options.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nnbs interiors look like relics compared to the 15+ interiors. I'd take a 15+ SLE with katkinz leather over a nnbs personally, even if the nnbs has a 6.2.

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
Sle and add leather. I'm super happy with my sle and will be adding the katzkin shortly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also keep in mind the Tahoe LT's have heated leather while the Yukon SLE's don't.

Edit: I see you're from Dallas/Forth Worth so that would be a non factor lol.

OP
OP
P

Pericles

Reaction score
I went and test drove both yesterday. Here's what didn't make sense.. I ended up driving an slt and a lt as the dealer had both. I'm not sure if the Yukon had been wrecked but the car felt off. AC would fluctuate and the seats were not comfy, felt like extremely worn. The Tahoe felt more solid, more responsive, and much more padded seats. They both had 40k miles. Interior in the Tahoe smelled like wet feet so I walked from both. Is this expected between the two? I would have assumed the Yukon would have been nicer

BuffaloBigJ

Reaction score
They should ride about the same and my sle seats are just as good as a tahoe. Rise vehicles sound like they were just bad news.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879