15 yukon SLE or tahoe lt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went and test drove both yesterday. Here's what didn't make sense.. I ended up driving an slt and a lt as the dealer had both. I'm not sure if the Yukon had been wrecked but the car felt off. AC would fluctuate and the seats were not comfy, felt like extremely worn. The Tahoe felt more solid, more responsive, and much more padded seats. They both had 40k miles. Interior in the Tahoe smelled like wet feet so I walked from both. Is this expected between the two? I would have assumed the Yukon would have been nicer
sounds like they may have been rental vehicles. Alot can happen to a vehicle in 40k miles.

BobDobalina

Reaction score
I traded in a 15 Tahoe LS for a 16 Yukon SLE 2 weeks ago. I had Katzkin in my Tahoe and my SLE Yukon had Katzkin perforated leather with heaters installed at dealer. My Yukon has 20s and air suspension, power liftgate, 2 speed transfer case, max towing pkg and it rides pretty much just like tahoe except when pushed. Feels more planted in the back end than Tahoe. Here is a link with pics and stuff..

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/traded-15-tahoe-ls-for-16-yukon-sle-with-goodies-pics.81565/

tomustang

Reaction score
Well I just drove a 15 Tahoe today and it's faster than my escalade easily so yes

Sorry but I can't believe that at all.

I was loaned an 2015 5.3 SLT and it didn't have any power when I stepped down. With my 6.2 towing my boat it still felt like it had more power than the new 5.3 slt.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have 60k for a new one with a 6.2. I've had tons of oil issues with my current 6.2 as well
That's a bummer about the oil. No fun. And I can understand the price tag. Its a lot of money. I just know the 6.2 is still a better motor over the 5.3 in my opinion.
Sorry but I can't believe that at all.

I was loaned an 2015 5.3 SLT and it didn't have any power when I stepped down. With my 6.2 towing my boat it still felt like it had more power than the new 5.3 slt.
When I was looking for a NBS, I did not like the feel of the 5.3. It has no power. I opted for the 6.0 Denali. It feels more solid and definitely has more power. And That's not even the 6.2. The 6.2 easily has more power and is faster than the 5.3.

Bigboychi

Reaction score
I traded in a 15 Tahoe LS for a 16 Yukon SLE 2 weeks ago. I had Katzkin in my Tahoe and my SLE Yukon had Katzkin perforated leather with heaters installed at dealer. My Yukon has 20s and air suspension, power liftgate, 2 speed transfer case, max towing pkg and it rides pretty much just like tahoe except when pushed. Feels more planted in the back end than Tahoe. Here is a link with pics and stuff..

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/traded-15-tahoe-ls-for-16-yukon-sle-with-goodies-pics.81565/
Do the 16 have push button start

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, only the SLT and Denali model Yukons have push button start. Absolutely ridiculous that GM didn't include that and HID headlights standard across the board on these $50k plus vehicles. There are Hyundai and Kia models that cost half the price of these SUVs that have push button start and proximity entry standard.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 16 lt package Tahoe has a push button start. A client just sold his 2010 and bought a 16 lt. I've detailed it a few times in the few weeks and it has a push button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali