'15 Tahoe LTZ - suspension - all four corners bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's '15 Tahoe LTZ has gotten very "springy" lately. We feel every bump riding down the road now. It's not stiff at all. It's bouncy. It's so bouncy it feels like we're riding in a boat. I did the "push down on the bumper" test and it literally oscillates or bounces a few times until it comes to a stop. Same in the front and back, so I'm thinking all four corners are shot. Am I correct in my assessment?

Unfortunately she has the Z95 magneride system, so I'll be looking to rip that out and replace it with conventional parts. Lots of threads on here discussing that, but I haven't found one yet that says "this is the answer" so I'm gonna keep on researching. Any pointers are appreciated.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, sounds like its just wore out. Thats odd though, as it seems most of the magnaride struts lock up when they go bad. Thats what happen to outs anyway.

I just replaced the front struts in my wifes denali with fox 2.0’s. They ride very nice. I left the rear air shocks in place... I like that feature.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, def. sounds worn out.

i had 1 MRC lock up & the other was leaking. got both replaced under warranty.

how many miles do you have on it?

OP
OP
B

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, def. sounds worn out.

i had 1 MRC lock up & the other was leaking. got both replaced under warranty.

how many miles do you have on it?
It's right around 84k. This thing bounces around like we're sitting on a trampoline.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wow, so much information in those threads. Thanks for finding those.

At this point I'm leaning towards the Shocksims kit and Monroe's on all four corners, removing magneride and the air suspension. Not lowered or lifted and we don't do any towing. It's just a daily driver. Really wish there was a cheaper kit for removing magneride but it is what it is. I figure I'm better off forking out around $750 now and $300 for every subsequent replacement than $1500 on every replacement.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really wish there was a cheaper kit for removing magneride but it is what it is. I figure I'm better off forking out around $750 now and $300 for every subsequent replacement than $1500 on every replacement.

That is exactly how I felt about it.

OP
OP
B

bdbull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is exactly how I felt about it.

Admittedly I didn't know too much about cars when we bought this one. Now I know just enough to be dangerous. I will definitely do more research next time as I just bought into the "LTZ is the top model so it must be better" mantra. Now I know. And oh yeah, I also have an LTZ Avalanche with a 3" lift so I'll be going through the same thing again when those blow out.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I didn't know too much about cars when we bought this one. Now I know just enough to be dangerous. I will definitely do more research next time as I just bought into the "LTZ is the top model so it must be better" mantra. Now I know. And oh yeah, I also have an LTZ Avalanche with a 3" lift so I'll be going through the same thing again when those blow out.

Well, maybe they were already replaced/eliminated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9