2017 Denali XL BDS 4" with Fox coils and rear shocks. MRC delete, night and day ride quality!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbraga

Reaction score
Had this done now for about two months, I wanted to really put time in and give it a good test. I had first put on a Fabtech 4" kit with the OEM MRC shocks front and rear. The kit came with brackets for the MRC so everything would ride as it did stock. The Fabtech kit worked, but rode like a brick. However, from day one we noticed the ride was so stiff. The rear of the suv would hop over speed bumps. With the Fabtech kit I didn't even use their 3" spacer, only a 1.5" coil spacer from suspensionmaxx. This kit came with rear MRC bracket. Also, not to throw Fabtech under the bus I did add a 1" leveling kit to their suspension kit. There is another thread on that on here. I'm sure this did not help the ride quality but sure did help to get the nose up. Drove the suv like this for 6 months, worked, looked good, and just rode like a dump truck. Front and rear. Finally after talking with Pat at Direct Off Road he steered me to the BDS 4" kit with coils and rear 2.0 shocks. Kit is amazing, perfect fit, bolted on perfectly, but the ride!! The ride is night and day differnet. Even from stock to now, ride is A+. Even my wife commented on how nice the ride is now. Speed bumps at the grocery store used to at a crawl, now, just hit them!! BIG thanks to Max at Xineering for the help with the modules to get rid of the MRC. Plug and play, super simple install. The suv now has the 4" up front with a 2" rear kit. The front will settle some so it won’t be as nose high after about 5k miles. We are loving it now, wish I would have done this from the start. Running Nitto terra grapplers 285/50R22 (33.27")
asggdsdagds.jpg ssagdffsags.jpg sdgasdgfsadg.jpg sdgasdgfsad.jpg sadfasdgfsa.jpg

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the first picture, it looks very nose high, but you're saying after 5k miles it should sit level or still be a bit nose high?
Can you post a link to the kit?

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the photo of the rig pointed to the sky a real thing or a joke?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks really good! And will look even better once the front settles and evens out. Glad you were able to make some changes to your suspension so that you can enjoy it! It's always frustrating going down the road with mods, hours into install, and then realizing the results weren't what you were expecting, but all part of the mod game that we all love to play!

It's interesting to hear your feedback on the initial lift kit and from my own experience with my '15 XL Denali, though I went the other way, lowered, it seems with GM using various spring rates and possibly different MRC strut/shock part numbers on the K2XX many different owners with different experiences/results on their individual trucks with the same suspension lift or lowering kits.

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this done now for about two months, I wanted to really put time in and give it a good test. I had first put on a Fabtech 4" kit with the OEM MRC shocks front and rear. The kit came with brackets for the MRC so everything would ride as it did stock. The Fabtech kit worked, but rode like a brick. However, from day one we noticed the ride was so stiff. The rear of the suv would hop over speed bumps. With the Fabtech kit I didn't even use their 3" spacer, only a 1.5" coil spacer from suspensionmaxx. This kit came with rear MRC bracket. Also, not to throw Fabtech under the bus I did add a 1" leveling kit to their suspension kit. There is another thread on that on here. I'm sure this did not help the ride quality but sure did help to get the nose up. Drove the suv like this for 6 months, worked, looked good, and just rode like a dump truck. Front and rear. Finally after talking with Pat at Direct Off Road he steered me to the BDS 4" kit with coils and rear 2.0 shocks. Kit is amazing, perfect fit, bolted on perfectly, but the ride!! The ride is night and day differnet. Even from stock to now, ride is A+. Even my wife commented on how nice the ride is now. Speed bumps at the grocery store used to at a crawl, now, just hit them!! BIG thanks to Max at Xineering for the help with the modules to get rid of the MRC. Plug and play, super simple install. The suv now has the 4" up front with a 2" rear kit. The front will settle some so it won’t be as nose high after about 5k miles. We are loving it now, wish I would have done this from the start. Running Nitto terra grapplers 285/50R22 (33.27")
View attachment 212120 View attachment 212119 View attachment 212116 View attachment 212115 View attachment 212121
That's awesome what do you do about the Magnetic Ride how does it delete that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter