12v LOC/AMP fuse tap issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hook810

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to hook up aftermarket amp and subs in 2012 Yukon XL. Tapped into a few IGN fuses to power my LOC and amp. When I start the vehicle and turn it off, the engine keeps running without the key in. Checked all connection both LOC and AMP are grounded correctly. Am I tapping the incorrect fuse or is it something else?

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, behind the rear drivers side cargo interior panel, my SSV had 2 12v taps and a chassis ground that I used to connect my amp under the passenger seat. I cannot imagine a LOC would make the truck continue to run when the key has been removed.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, behind the rear drivers side cargo interior panel, my SSV had 2 12v taps and a chassis ground that I used to connect my amp under the passenger seat. I cannot imagine a LOC would make the truck continue to run when the key has been removed.
Installed correctly no lol but he said he tapped into a “few” ignition wires. And if it’s a basic loc with remote out not remote in. And he tapped that remote to an ignition wire. He could be tricking the ignition to run from the loc. If that makes sense.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed correctly no lol but he said he tapped into a “few” ignition wires. And if it’s a basic loc with remote out not remote in. And he tapped that remote to an ignition wire. He could be tricking the ignition to run from the loc. If that makes sense.
Makes sense now! Bad wiring results in odd side effects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094