100k service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm not gonna lie I didn't search. Sue me....

I have 105k on my 05 Denali and I'm wondering if any of you guys have any ideas on some maintenance I should tackle before an item goes bad. I want to bring the truck back to as close to new as I can a d I plan on keeping this truck for a long time. So far I've done the basic synthetic oil change. New I take. Suspension upgrades (tbss 2/3-4 kit, moog problem solver LCAs, timken hubs. And then just some cosmetic stuff (pm grill, removed racks, hids leds, new bumper lights and gauges.)

I'm more concerned about the drive train right now. It pulls hard and drives smooth but I want to make sure it stays that way.

Any tips would be welcome

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
normal maint I would think plugs wires and filters. theses motors are great if you treat them good. that's a young engine mileage wise.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So your list

-Plugs
-Wires
-Air filt
-Diffs
-Transfer case
-Transmission
-Find every grease fitting and greeze it
-Your fuel filter is in the tank so thats out

Anyone else want to add?
That's a good list to start with.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your list

-Plugs
-Wires
-Air filt
-Diffs
-Transfer case
-Transmission

Anyone else want to add?

That’s pretty much it, or if you have a local shop you trust have them go through it and see if there is anything they’d recommend besides that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you'll also want to closely inspect (for wear) your steering components (tie rods, end links, bushings, front wheel hubs and shocks (front & rear), flush your cooling system if that hasn't been done already. check your brake calipers for leaks. basically anything under the truck should be visually inspected, excessive grease on anything is a indicator that it's worn or getting worn. a flashlight and taking the wheels off helps to look over everything.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the transfer case, and diffs fluids? Grease up all the ball joints?

No idea on the tcase or diff. I do plan on doing those. After I replace the UCA all balljoints will be new.

Trans fluid....ever done that you know of?

Btw... banned for not searching :ban::ban2:

No doubt. Lol

So your list

-Plugs
-Wires
-Air filt
-Diffs
-Transfer case
-Transmission

Anyone else want to add?

I like it. Once I'm done with the suspension I'll move on to this list. Thanks.

That’s pretty much it, or if you have a local shop you trust have them go through it and see if there is anything they’d recommend besides that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny you mention that. I took it to the gmc dealership here they were super cool. They told me mechanically my denali was in fantastic shape and they haven't seen one that clean in a while they also told me that my air shocks were bad, and that there was a slight leak on the block above the oil filter. I never saw any oil on the drive way. They did, however, invite me into the shop to show me and sure enough there was oil on it. He said it was an easy job that I could do in my driveway. He said other than that stick to regular maintenance and I'll be happy with it for a long time