100k service?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll also want to closely inspect (for wear) your steering components (tie rods, end links, bushings, front wheel hubs and shocks (front & rear), flush your cooling system if that hasn't been done already. check your brake calipers for leaks. basically anything under the truck should be visually inspected, excessive grease on anything is a indicator that it's worn or getting worn. a flashlight and taking the wheels off helps to look over everything.

Suspension is my #1 game plan right now. I think in the near future I'll be doing UCA, inner/outer tierods, pitman arm, idlers arm and bracket, and another alignment. Then I'll move on to fluids, I'll do the diffs, tcase, coolant and brake/psteering fluid. Then I'll do transmission fluid and filter them fuel filter and clean injectors. Then plugs and wires. Hopefully I can do this all by the end of the summer.

Hopefully that will net me a much better ride and a happier healthier engine/drive train. Maybe pick up some power and mpgs

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm on the topic of maintenance anyone have a suggestion for P0496 I think it is? I've done fuel cap, and evap canister. I hear something about a fuel pressure sensor that's on top of the tank or something on the intake manifold

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I'm on the topic of maintenance anyone have a suggestion for P0496 I think it is? I've done fuel cap, and evap canister. I hear something about a fuel pressure sensor that's on top of the tank or something on the intake manifold
there is 2 evap solenoids, one is on the engine intake manifold (easy to change), the other is down under the truck above the spare tire and connects up with the evap canister (that you already did), I recently did all off them on my 2012 and it took maybe a couple hours and I was doing other things and being interrupted.

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is 2 evap solenoids, one is on the engine intake manifold (easy to change), the other is down under the truck above the spare tire and connects up with the evap canister (that you already did), I recently did all off them on my 2012 and it took maybe a couple hours and I was doing other things and being interrupted.
I think that's the most common fault code I have seen for these vehicles lol

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if 05 has cabin air filter and might have an AC tune up. Didn’t see belts mentioned and little stuff like door hinges left gate and hood struts lube them

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I did the one next to the spare. Do you have a pic of the engine bay one?

Not sure if 05 has cabin air filter and might have an AC tune up. Didn’t see belts mentioned and little stuff like door hinges left gate and hood struts lube them

I don't think it has a cabin filter. The belts look good but I'll keep an eye on them.

Thanks for all the info. I did a quick Amazon search for a lot of parts and so far I'm at $630 lol

Screenshot_20180625-102735_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20180625-102636_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180625-102626_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180625-102610_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180625-102600_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Bombsquad85

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OCD is kicking in because all of the parts are Prime except for the idlers arm bracket....

:yuno:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My OCD is kicking in because all of the parts are Prime except for the idlers arm bracket....

:yuno:

Two things I see.
Forget that fuel filter. Your truck doesn't have one. Yours just has the pickup screen in the pump. Also, do a little search on the moog arms. There have been fitment issues with one of them I can't remember if it's the idler or pitman. Guys were using AC delco pro for that one part instead of the moog.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I did the one next to the spare. Do you have a pic of the engine bay one?

I don't think it has a cabin filter. The belts look good but I'll keep an eye on them.

Thanks for all the info. I did a quick Amazon search for a lot of parts and so far I'm at $630 lol

View attachment 202326 View attachment 202328
View attachment 202330
View attachment 202329
View attachment 202327
yours may be a different part number, but it looks just like this and sits on the top of the intake near the front
https://www.ebay.com/itm/00-01-02-G...Denali&hash=item1caa39a487:g:E7sAAOSwUKxYbopQ

Walkercraig01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things I see.
Forget that fuel filter. Your truck doesn't have one. Yours just has the pickup screen in the pump. Also, do a little search on the moog arms. There have been fitment issues with one of them I can't remember if it's the idler or pitman. Guys were using AC delco pro for that one part instead of the moog.
which ones don't have fuel filters just for general knowledge lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu