1 in lift question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is needed if I want to lift my 2012 LT Tahoe just 1 inch?

I've never done anything like this before.

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask you a question? I got the Mevotech front suspension kit and lca's Acdelco high-end struts and 4600 bilstein rear shocks. '12 LT.

I'm really disappointed in the ride. It's a bit stiffer which is great but it's not smoother over bumps. Seems like the springs still bounce when I thought they would dampen down bumps and portholes. Not sure what else I can do.

Thoughts?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I ask you a question? I got the Mevotech front suspension kit and lca's Acdelco high-end struts and 4600 bilstein rear shocks. '12 LT.

I'm really disappointed in the ride. It's a bit stiffer which is great but it's not smoother over bumps. Seems like the springs still bounce when I thought they would dampen down bumps and portholes. Not sure what else I can do.

Thoughts?

So the shock absorbing action feels too firm? Like, when you hit a bump at speed, it's like the suspension is stiff and you feel a lot of shock versus the suspension absorbing it?

It's hard to know what people mean by "bounce/bouncing". Shocks dampen movement and, to me, bouncing is the suspension oscillating. Old, worn-out shocks allow oscillation/bouncing. Like them old hoopties when they go over railroad tracks- they float up and down a few times afterward.

The Bilsteins are known to be some of the best you can get. The 5100 are a little heavier-duty and used on 4WD. The 4600 are an upgrade for stock replacement. One would think that the 5100s would be more firm, but I've seen debates saying the the 4600 is more firm to give more control on the road and the 5100 are actually softer to be more cushy for off-road use.

I can't speak for the AC Delco struts.

So- expand on what your issue is and can you isolate it more to the front or rear or both?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?
@S1W99 I suspect it to be the front struts, I would go with 4600 front struts to match the rear. 1 inch lift is really easy to install

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a 1-in lift affect the drive quality?

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@S1W99 Yes. I am running 3.5 inches of lift for you information so with 1 inch it will affect you very little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518