08 taho blinker issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuentesmi46

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Need help with an electrical issue, 08 tahoe ppv. Rear driver side blinker is not BLINKING it is on and works just doesnt blink. I have already made sure it is in the right way, also replaced the bulb, checked all fuses, replaced tail light harness and still nothing. Again light comes on but doesnt blink. Any help is appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Need help with an electrical issue, 08 tahoe ppv. Rear driver side blinker is not BLINKING it is on and works just doesnt blink. I have already made sure it is in the right way, also replaced the bulb, checked all fuses, replaced tail light harness and still nothing. Again light comes on but doesnt blink. Any help is appreciated.
these electrical systems are weird, it could very well be a different bulb causing the problem, how do ALL the other bulbs work? including headlights, marker lights, daytime running lights and fogs.
check the function and operation of all other bulbs

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fuentesmi46

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
these electrical systems are weird, it could very well be a different bulb causing the problem, how do ALL the other bulbs work? including headlights, marker lights, daytime running lights and fogs.
check the function and operation off all other bulbs
I have changed the bulb, tried led, regular halogen, swapped polarity and still nothing. Every other bulb in the back works 100% reverse side markers brakes drl everything just no blinker.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have changed the bulb, tried led, regular halogen, swapped polarity and still nothing. Every other bulb in the back works 100% reverse side markers brakes drl everything just no blinker.
The bulbs on the vehicle are all tied together front and rear, check all bulbs not just the rear ones.

OP
OP
F

Fuentesmi46

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The bulbs on the vehicle are all tied together front and rear, check all bulbs not just the rear ones.
Ill double check everything when i get home but everything seems to be in working order. I appreciate the help

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ill double check everything when i get home but everything seems to be in working order. I appreciate the help
I would check the bulbs in the other blinkers maybe even take them out and see if anything changes a short somewhere else can cause all kinds of weird things to happen, if the ohm's are off it can make the other lights do practically anything, I would guess maybe the front bulb or harness on the same side may have a issue.
just a guess it could be a couple wires touching or a ground or anything really. you might need a electrical meter and check the ohm's on the harness and see if it's out of whack
@swathdiver may have a electrical reference of what the ohm's should be.
the "blinker" function is ran by the bcm there isn't even a relay like they used to have in previous models.

OP
OP
F

Fuentesmi46

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would check the bulbs in the other blinkers maybe even take them out and see if anything changes a short somewhere else can cause all kinds of weird things to happen, if the ohm's are off it can make the other lights do practically anything, I would guess maybe the front bulb or harness on the same side may have a issue.
just a guess it could be a couple wires touching or a ground or anything really. you might need a electrical meter and check the ohm's on the harness and see if it's out of whack
the "blinker" function is ran by the bcm there isn't even a relay like they used to have in previous models.
I’ll definitely do that, ill have to pick up a meter and check the volts. Ive already looked into the bcm and replaced it but im assuming its wiring related since the problem persists.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the resistance figure part of the wiring diagram? @91RS @rockola1971

Wrong bulb or ground issue I think.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the resistance figure part of the wiring diagram? @91RS @rockola1971

Wrong bulb or ground issue I think.
it should be, the resistance is what it uses to determine if a bulb is out, enabling hyperflash it's not can bus
my guess is it's measuring too much resistance or there is not enough voltage?
with a regular incandescent bulb it's hard to tell visually because it will probably light up with 6v or 12v

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne