'08 Denali overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1fundenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I searched other threads about overheating, and I don't think I have any of those problems (hose, t-stat, etc.). While towing a 21 ft boat on a hot day, water temp will rise to about 240 or so. I have already added water wetter. Are there any other mods I could do to keep her cool? Worst case, how much $ are upgraded fans and/or radiators and who is a good source of them? Does my 6.2 have the same cooling setup as a Caddy? Thanks.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You added water wetter to the coolant? Whoa. I'm pretty sure that's a huge mistake. Like, big mistake. Someone correct me if I'm wrong... Should ONLY be Dexcool.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it is compatible will all coolants.

How much does that boat weigh? Are your Efans working properly? I would start worrying about your tranny if its getting that hot. What tranny temp are you reading?

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I noticed in the manual was the 5.3L actually had more coolant capacity than the 6.2L. My thought is that it's due to the internal engine oil cooler which takes up some space inside the radiator. It sounds extreme but you could put in a radiator model without the internal engine oil cooler and put your engine oil through an external cooler. Also look at the side vents from an Escalade to help your engine bay release some more heat.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesj82