07burb’s 1991 GMC R3500 Crew Cab Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My wife just asked the other night as I was telling her about some other trucks I was "finding" online...."Can we just take a break for a bit?" referring to the truck hoarding :rofl: I told her I was pretty content now with what we have so no need to worry about that right now but it struck me as funny. I did warn her that of what we have now, I don't see any of it leaving any time in the near future but I wouldn't mind adding stuff and getting into car flipping essentially. I feel like I could be fairly successful at it as long as I could keep "the budget" in mind between the point of buying and then selling it for profit. She just glared :happy175: .......but she never disagreed with my idea LOL

Sounds like a "yes" to me.
:deal:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Now just watch Narcos season 4 Mexico and pick out one of the plenty of killer square bodied burbs, pick ups, 4 door sedans, etc...

A Perfect answer to a not “no” Yes you were just given!

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Now just watch Narcos season 4 Mexico and pick out one of the plenty of killer square bodied burbs, pick ups, 4 door sedans, etc...

A Perfect answer to a not “no” Yes you were just given!
Yeah I watched Narcos 4 and noticed the same thing :D

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So cool to see something this age, and with the extra lights she carries, brought to current with a simple LED change out. And how dim the OEM lights really were and still are as we know. Not that we had many options back then.

A high school buddy had one he pulled horse trailers with and he was always romping that 454. 6-8mpg if he was lucky...lol. He also had a 78 TA that he was constantly "working on". Never got farther than a ton of Bondo and the interior ripped out....meaning the old school mesh beach chairs for front seats and no seat belts!! :nono::Insane:

Sorry for the long post, this thread just reminded me of some of the old rides of the past...lol. Love the dually!!

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So cool to see something this age, and with the extra lights she carries, brought to current with a simple LED change out. And how dim the OEM lights really were and still are as we know. Not that we had many options back then.

A high school buddy had one he pulled horse trailers with and he was always romping that 454. 6-8mpg if he was lucky...lol. He also had a 78 TA that he was constantly "working on". Never got farther than a ton of Bondo and the interior ripped out....meaning the old school mesh beach chairs for front seats and no seat belts!! :nono::Insane:

Sorry for the long post, this thread just reminded me of some of the old rides of the past...lol. Love the dually!!
Yeah, too many projects end up just like that TA unfortunately. I think sometimes some people just get ahead of themselves and then quickly either get overwhelmed or in over their heads and the project stalls out. Just gotta pick at it a little at a time. AND STAY AWAY FROM LARGE AMOUNTS OF BONDO :rofl:

Thanks for the post @Fosscore . I’m just over here trying to get my rides as clean as yours :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, too many projects end up just like that TA unfortunately. I think sometimes some people just get ahead of themselves and then quickly either get overwhelmed or in over their heads and the project stalls out. Just gotta pick at it a little at a time. AND STAY AWAY FROM LARGE AMOUNTS OF BONDO :rofl:

Thanks for the post @Fosscore . I’m just over here trying to get my rides as clean as yours :)

Agreed on above ^^

Thx. Mine are quite dirty at the moment.

You however are at a statistical disadvantage on all fronts.

3 trucks IIRC 87, 91 hog, 07 + 4 young kids + 1 wife + winter
by comparison, I have
2 trucks + 2 middle kids + 1 wife + no winter

oh and you have 2 open projects. lol.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Agreed on above ^^

Thx. Mine are quite dirty at the moment.

You however are at a statistical disadvantage on all fronts.

3 trucks IIRC 87, 91 hog, 07 + 4 young kids + 1 wife + winter
by comparison, I have
2 trucks + 2 middle kids + 1 wife + no winter

oh and you have 2 open projects. lol.

Sounds like you need to either pick up a couple more trucks or a couple more wives... just to keep things fair... lol

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to either pick up a couple more trucks or a couple more wives... just to keep things fair... lol
I can’t speak for @Fosscore but i know that I have a hard enough time keeping 1 wife happy let alone adding a couple more of them LOL I’d much rather try and keep more trucks happy :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can’t speak for @Fosscore but i know that I have a hard enough time keeping 1 wife happy let along adding a couple more of them LOL I’d much rather try and keep more trucks happy :)

Agreed...and 2 kids is enough for me. Trucks can allow you to do the cuss walk, talk to yourself, feel the reward all without so much as a tear, back chat or hairy eyeball. Plus you don't have to change the song or share your beer.

Other than the $/family/time balance, I see it as a win-win...for the truck and you/we/us.
:winner_first_h4h:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700