07burb’s 1991 GMC R3500 Crew Cab Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1991 GMC SLE R3500 Dually 454/4L80e
70,000 original miles (as of 10/18)

Overall goal of this truck is to make a cool driver that the whole family will enjoy. My kids are pretty stoked about this one! LOL This will serve as the family truck and back up vehicle for the wife whenever her Burb needs to be in the shop for some reason. I have a little commuter so I won't need to daily this.

Short Term Goals: Restore the exterior back with a fresh coat of paint, make some minor changes along the way, get it lower to the ground and see where it takes us

Long Term Goals: Engine upgrades (cam, heads, intake, exhaust,....), round eye front clip, wheels/tires, rear disc brake conversion

I still have a lot of research to do on the long term goals list because I really don't know what I want to use for any of that stuff other than the clip swap. This is going to be a long term project that hopefully the whole family will enjoy. So I'm not in any real hurry for any of it other than to have fun with it on the weekend in our spare time.

Here are some pics from when she arrived and as she sits now...

00h0h_4KyhL5Z6PSw_600x450.jpg 00303_j94lqup8Gaq_600x450.jpg 00606_26LmdtIQNRA_600x450.jpg 00606_ecJ6fwFTz5U_600x450.jpg

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend I didn't have much chance to do anything because Burb Jr #4 was turning 4 this weekend but I did get the hood latch on (it was held down by bungee chord and wire when it arrived LOL) and I started looking at what it's gonna take to install the electric fans.

The brakes are getting handled this week (master cylinder, pads, shoes, drums, rotors, springs, wheel cylinders, hoses,.... the whole shebang). Once those are done the e-fans are next. I'll have to fab up some brackets so that the relays and all that are nice and neat. Once that is complete the front lights and grill are next and then she'll be 100% ready for cruising.

IMG_E1547.JPG

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other then the front clip, looks really clean, especially underneath. I bet it's gonna be a fun family project. What's the hp and tq on that 454?
Probably about 25 in stock form :lol:

Actually I have no idea what the ratings are but once I do cam, intake and exhaust it’ll wake it up substantially. This truck is high on torque but weak on hp in stock form.

And yeah, the truck needs a full paint job. I’m going to start getting quotes soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93Typhoon

Latest posts