07 up plug and play airbag rear system!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On independent rear ends I'd go progressive but solid axle I do like how my springs turned out

on 00 to 06 3 inch arms all the way but 07 up I have better results with the new belltech spindles that came out

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd also like to see some pics of a NNBS SUV with these installed. Especially laid out...

I originally installed a 2/3 kit on my Suburban, but recently went 3/5. If I can get even lower in the rear using the TBSS bags and not have a ****** ride like most with 6" rear springs, I'd go for it. It certainly is cost effective compared to most bag kits, plus I could air out and lay it on the axle when parked, etc., if I'm understanding this correctly.

Tony, am I correct that these will bring the truck down about 4" at ride height, but aired out they will sit the truck down on the axle? Also, I'd want to control both bags independently and not tee both lines together to run them to the compressor. How do you control each bag separately with only one compressor? Do you install shut-off valves in each line so you can fill each bag separate from the other?

You said rode bad in other post so was going off of that.
The 5305s for what they are ride well but if you go lower my springs ride better. Also my springs carry load better with helper bags since no dead coils. Either way if you dint mind a 3-4 inch drop at ride height do the tbss swap

Djm makes my springs per my spec because it's a 250 spring run vs 500 for belltech

I never said my truck rides bad, I said I didn't want it to if I switched out to a 6" rear spring. I've heard some guys say they think the 6" springs ride good, and a couple tell me they weren't impressed with the ride. So, just on the fence about going with that short a spring if I did decide to go lower. I'll have to weigh the option between the bags and 6" springs. I appreciate the information so far. Thanks, man.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
In all the years I've been selling my springs I've never had anyone tell me they were not happy with ride. No customer on here has posted anything negative about tgen so that's a first. Guy just posted up yesterday here he did my 3/5 kit snd wife had no issues with ride.

But back to tbss bags they will lay out on axle and for the price you can't go wrong. They are way better then any airbag kit you bolt in out on the market today and hundreds cheaper

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all the years I've been selling my springs I've never had anyone tell me they were not happy with ride. No customer on here has posted anything negative about tgen so that's a first. Guy just posted up yesterday here he did my 3/5 kit snd wife had no issues with ride.

But back to tbss bags they will lay out on axle and for the price you can't go wrong. They are way better then any airbag kit you bolt in out on the market today and hundreds cheaper

You might be right, Tony. After looking around some more I think I was thinking about DJM's 5" rear spring. They were the ones with complaints about ride being not so good. Sorry about confusing your 6" springs with their 5" springs. Yours ride fine. My mistake.

And you're right about the TBSS bags. They're great quality bags at a great price. I just don't think they'll get me low enough at ride height. I'm already 4.75" down in the rear and if I aired the TBSS bags out enough to get that low and then drove around like that, I'm sure the ride would be terrible!

Nosho47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how low the rear sits with tbss bags and 305/35/24 tires.... Like what Tony said, its really easy to install... The ride quality is a lot better then drop springs IMO and you don't need to worry about the rear tire rubbing when you have a lot of passengers in there. Don't mind but my ride was dirty because of how dusty it is at work...lol

bd2017b7780901b16d72bb40a6788e23.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nosh,

Lookin good man.
What shocks are you using with the TBSS bags?

Tony,

What would the TBSS bags be compared to a 4", 5" or 6" drop?
Also, what else would have to be done to run these bags? Link mount relocator?

Thanks

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nosh,

Lookin good man.
What shocks are you using with the TBSS bags?

Tony,

What would the TBSS bags be compared to a 4", 5" or 6" drop?
Also, what else would have to be done to run these bags? Link mount relocator?

Thanks

at ride height only 3 to 4 max. they pop right in no other things needed to make them work with oem mounts. i posted pics on my vendor section

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at ride height only 3 to 4 max. they pop right in no other things needed to make them work with oem mounts. i posted pics on my vendor section

I'm interested in more of a firm ride, will these give me that matched with the right shock?

What shocks would you match the bags up with?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n