07 Suburban Front End Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonnyenglish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '07 Suburban and it does the exact same thing. I have replaced the struts, springs, swaybar bushings and swaybar endlinks from Pedders and I still have the issue. Mines a 2WD lowered on 24's.
I hope you can get a solution as I would love to fix mine.
Jonathan

d-alex-l

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same exact excruciating issue here. Been changing parts one at a time. Next up is front strut assemblies.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue.. untill i put my front leveling kit on. I think it came down to CV joint binding. The lift changed the angle and bam no more clunk,
But the other guys could be experiencing balljoint pop

VinninTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had a similar issue on my 07 Yukon XL SLE - swapped out a bad bearing on the front left. Some of the noise/vibration in the floor was cured. I am in process of swapping all of the magna-ride out and disconnected the rears to measure for the resistors. When I drove it with them disconnected, ALL of the noise and vibration is gone.

You may want to try disconnecting one of the magna-ride connectors (easiest on the rears) to disable the system and test drive it (you will get the Service Suspension on the dash). Could be something defective in the system if the struts have been replaced?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a clunk in the driver floor when I turn right sometimes. Sounds like the same problem you guys are experiencing. I have replaced the auto ride struts and new sway bar endlink. Still haven't found the problem

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a clunk in the driver floor when I turn right sometimes. Sounds like the same problem you guys are experiencing. I have replaced the auto ride struts and new sway bar endlink. Still haven't found the problem

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but I’m having a similar issue with my 08 Tahoe. Was there any solution to this?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine was clunking on acceleration or when almost stopping then accelerating again, turned out to be the front differential mounts

Idriveaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine you can feel in the floorboard. Like position your heel directly below the brake pedal. That’s where it feels like it’s popping in and out. Happens during straight driving and turning right. Left not really. Sometimes it’s a lot or very few. It’s not consistent enough to be suspension or driveline. I know there was a tsb out for the need of a body mount isolator. I’m wondering if mine never got that done. Weird thing is the body mount is about 8 inches to the left of where I’m feeling it pop. It’s really annoying.

esoteric_ast

Reaction score
my 1998 Tahoe did the same thing. Really hear it over little bumps in my driveway driving real slow and when I would turn at full lock it would "pop".