07 Suburban Front End Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
So I've been dealing with this issue on my 07 4wd Suburban LTZ. There is a "clunk/rattle/loose feel" coming from the front of the vehicle. I have had the following replaced under warranty:
  • Both Front Autoride Shocks (they were leaking)
  • Left upper ball joint/upper control arm
  • Steering Intermediate Shaft

There is still a noticeable problem and the dealer is not able to find the problem it is back in the shop again now so they can try to find the problem and I get the feeling that they are going to tell me that they can't find anything wrong. I took it to an independent mechanic and he drove it and can feel the "clunk/rattle/loose feel" in the floor board and steering wheel. Honestly, to me it feels like a bad bushing of some sort from the sound and feel of it. Anybody have any ideas? I notice it most when I am driving over rough road that has been patched or has washboard to it. It also happens when I am making turns at a light if there is any separation in the road or uneven surface. It feels like something is going to fall off the front.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Could be the bushings or sway bar related since it happens on turns and what not! But I can't exactly pinpont the answer for you so lets see if people who know the suspensionof these Tahoes better can tune in later.

OP
OP
WingsAA

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
I hope. If the dealer says they can't hear it again I'm going to blow my own gasket. :boxed:

OP
OP
WingsAA

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
Bump.

Dealer can't find it yet. I was turning into a parking stall today and when I turned the wheel to the right to enter, the front end felt like it 'shifted' when the vehicle weight changed and it made a small clunk. Any takers for discussion?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I would now say to could be a messed uo sway bar or componet. I'd get the sway bar end links, the sway bar itself and sway bar mount bushings checked.
Also look at the strut mounts, top and bottom to ensure there are no loose bolts.

OP
OP
WingsAA

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
I would now say to could be a messed uo sway bar or componet. I'd get the sway bar end links, the sway bar itself and sway bar mount bushings checked.
Also look at the strut mounts, top and bottom to ensure there are no loose bolts.

Thanks for the advice. I keep thinking sway and end links. I've pointed out all of those items. I'll reinforce it when I drop it back off at the dealer. ;)

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've been dealing with this issue on my 07 4wd Suburban LTZ. There is a "clunk/rattle/loose feel" coming from the front of the vehicle. I have had the following replaced under warranty:
  • Both Front Autoride Shocks (they were leaking)
  • Left upper ball joint/upper control arm
  • Steering Intermediate Shaft

There is still a noticeable problem and the dealer is not able to find the problem it is back in the shop again now so they can try to find the problem and I get the feeling that they are going to tell me that they can't find anything wrong. I took it to an independent mechanic and he drove it and can feel the "clunk/rattle/loose feel" in the floor board and steering wheel. Honestly, to me it feels like a bad bushing of some sort from the sound and feel of it. Anybody have any ideas? I notice it most when I am driving over rough road that has been patched or has washboard to it. It also happens when I am making turns at a light if there is any separation in the road or uneven surface. It feels like something is going to fall off the front.

It really sounds like a bad shock. All those other ideas it could be, but has it ever been in a front end collision? I see it is a 4wd. Is it engaged while this is happening?

OP
OP
WingsAA

WingsAA

CMFIC
Reaction score
It really sounds like a bad shock. All those other ideas it could be, but has it ever been in a front end collision? I see it is a 4wd. Is it engaged while this is happening?

I know the autoride shocks wiring can be ruined if the shafts are spun during installation but the Dealer tech said he didn't. Outside that, both front autoride shocks were replaced and are brand new. I have asked them to check the shocks again but can't figure out what to do to get my point across. I'm feeling it in the floor board on both sides when it occurs and slightly in the steering wheel so I'm mor leaning towards the sways, bushings etc. They keep saying they don't find anything. I'm supposed to take it back in this week and take the tech for a ride. I'm going to mention again the sway bar, bushings, end links, etc. again.
It's really starting to drive me batty! It's not been in a front end collision and 4wd is not engaged by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu