07 rotor and caliper upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROGELIO A GUZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas I just seen a video where a guy swaps 07 and up rotors and calipers to a 04 yukon. I thought that was a great oem upgrade. Will this work for myn04 denali xl. He went from 12 inch rotors to 13. As heavy as my XL, I would love to have that extra braking power. I'm just not sure if it works on the denali xl.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Bolt pattern is the same. Center bore is the same. I’d make sure the calipers will fit inside the wheels.

On my 2007 13” rotors, for example, I wouldn’t be able to increase another inch to 14” rotors as I’m running smaller 17” wheels.

OP
OP
ROGELIO A GUZMAN

ROGELIO A GUZMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bolt pattern is the same. Center bore is the same. I’d make sure the calipers will fit inside the wheels.

On my 2007 13” rotors, for example, I wouldn’t be able to increase another inch to 14” rotors as I’m running smaller 17” wheels.
I should be ok on the wheel .I'm on 20's

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Tony said as long as you’re running 17 inch or larger wheels the NNBS brake upgrade will work. I’m gonna be doing the swap in January on my 2006 XL but I also be doing the drilled and slotted rotors. I believe there was some specific years that were the best for referencing sort numbers when you do the swap. Check out the thread stickied to the top of the 2000-2006 on this topic as there’s lots of really good info in the thread on the swap and I believe references to the years or the best parts to get when you do the swap. also we haven’t seen your ride with the new wheel setup! We need pics of that!

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it works just fine and was a huge upgrade in the feel and stopping power for little money. I did it 10 years ago on my mom's 05 when it needed brakes. I found a used set of take-off calipers and pads from an 09 Silverado on eBay and then just bought rotors. It is actually about due for new front pads as of the last oil change.

menusk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With the abs on these suvs did you guys have to take it somewhere to bleed the brakes? Or could that part be done on your own?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t run the system dry and you won’t have to bleed the ABS. If you do, you will need to bleed the ABS with a scan tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE