05 silverado rear doors tint color from factory?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking to add tint to the front driver and passenger side windows. Does anyone have a brand of window tint color and percentage of the rear windows?

I just replaced the fronts on my 03 yukon as the salvsge yard had an exact match.

Thanks,

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the same as back for Tahoe/Suburbans.

Factory rear door windows on my 04 Tahoe with RPO code AJ1 (Deep Tint) have the information printed on them.
DOT15 would indicate 15% light passes through (85% blocked).

20221117_101148.jpg

Many states have specific limits on front door window tints.

In MA, on front door windows, we have to allow at least 35% of the light to pass through (65% blocked).
Anything darker (5%, 10%, 15%, 20%), while popular, can result in rejection at annual RMV inspection.

Rear passenger doors and rear quarter windows that are 15% from the factory are legal in my state.

I know people that have to rip off the film the put on, in order to pass inspection ($$), then put new film on after they pass (more $).
But that is what they want.

I did some part-time police duty. We had 10% limo tint on the Explorer Interceptors. Seeing what was outside left/right, or in the side mirrors backing up, was extremely difficult. Looked great, but almost hitting a Captain's cruiser because I could not see him slide in behind me with lights off... Almost gave me a heart attack!

15% is probably not quite as bad to see through at night as the limo tint, but would still be too dark to pass RMV. Even if, for some reason it managed to pass inspection, cops around here carry tint meter cards. They generally won't bother you on the road just for tints being too dark. But, if pulled over for other things they will whip out the card and add excessive tint to the charges on your ticket. In MA, moving violations are now surcharge points added to your insurance. Ugh...

This may help to do things within legal limits for your state...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts