04 yukon leveling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of folks here on the Forum have leveled their trucks, and they will chime in.

Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing after leveling, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components and different wheel widths and offsets, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping to level mine this weekend if all goes well. I bought the rough country stuff, even though it has mixed reviews. I also bought all new control arms, sway bar bushings, and tie rods. Hopefully it works out for me.
Im still gonna run the same tires that I have now. I think they are 265/75/16.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM White keys are preferable. If not those Ford and aftermarket keys are indexed about the same and allow for roughly same adjustment. If you want stuff to last, stay on oe wheels and around a 285/75/16, 285/70/17, or 275/70/18. Can you go bigger, yes. Sky is the limit.

OP
OP
Clean04yukon

Clean04yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lots of folks here on the Forum have leveled their trucks, and they will chime in.

Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing after leveling, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components and different wheel widths and offsets, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.
Thanks

OP
OP
Clean04yukon

Clean04yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping to level mine this weekend if all goes well. I bought the rough country stuff, even though it has mixed reviews. I also bought all new control arms, sway bar bushings, and tie rods. Hopefully it works out for me.
Im still gonna run the same tires that I have now. I think they are 265/75/16.
Let me know how it goes. What control arms,bushings, and tie rods did you go with?

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the whole Moog kit for 600 off of rock auto. You have to measure your sway bar bushings, by wrapping masking tape around them, then cutting it off and measuring it. I couldn't find the right size with the bracket for my rear bar, so Idk if I can make one of these new ones work or if I'm gonna have to hit the junkyard. I also bought rear control arms and sway bar links, I need bump stops. It was like 1200 for everything and the rest of our savings, so I couldn't afford the gm parts, but I didn't wanna get junk either. People seem to like Moog, and that's what my dad and my mechanic have always used.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should have gotten aftermarket upper control arms to keep my angles better with the front raised.

Mrobinson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should have gotten aftermarket upper control arms to keep my angles better with the front raised.
After I leveled mine my ball joints lasted a little over a year, I am currently saving for cognito control arms

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point I would have to save up to get another set of moogs... What brand of ball joints were you running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts