'04 yukon denali front tire dragging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadyman68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys, i have 2004 yukon denali and everytime i turn hard left my front right tire feels like its dragging or skipping. the front end on that side kinda jerks and jumps up and down. had it aligned not too long ago and everything suspension wise including the cv axle and hub bearing assemblies in the front are all brand new. does anyone have this problem and what fixed it? help please it's driving me crazy throughing parts at it and it not going away!!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like it might need a control arm, pitman arm, and/or tie rods a good front end shop can tell you for sure.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it in 4x4, or is the front diff engaging in error?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have already replaced all of those items
I would take it back to the shop that did the alignment then and see if it's correct, otherwise only thing I can think of is somehow the front differential is out of whack

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how the AWD in these works, but I know the previous vehicles I've owned that were AWD, when put in a hard near-lock turn under power would skip a little and that was considered perfectly normal. My 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee did this quite a bit on dry stuff, but it was full time 4WD. Not sure about the engineering differences.

I'd still want to get that checked out though, especially if it's NEW behavior and it didn't always skip a little in a steep turn. Feel free to completely disregard this as it's just my two cents. [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BigTommy83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you had the transfer case services recently and was the correct fluid used?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter