'04 Tahoe alignment problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NIevo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just bought a '04 Tahoe 4x4 and it has been lowered with 3" Eibach springs in back and torsion bar adjustment in front from what I can see. I took it into a shop to have the alignment done and they claim they can't get it closer then -1degree camber? Seems like with only about a 1" drop they should be able to adjust it more then that? I looked at the front suspension and it looks like the camber plates are set right in the middle. Anyone have pictures of what the adjustment is like or done a alignment on a 1-2" drop. I want to get torsion keys for a 2" drop up front but don't want to get a alignment kit if not needed. Thanks.

Heres a full breakdown of the alignment:
Left front Camber is -.9
Right front Camber is -1.1

Left front Caster is 5.1
Right front Caster is 5.5

Left front Toe is .04
Right front Toe is .08

Cross Camber is .1
Cross Caster is -.3
Total toe is .11
Set back is .6

This is the drivers side, the other side has one set of plates all the way in one direction and the other set all the way in the opposite direction?

whit2008725.jpg

scott99zx6r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try again i got mine right into factory specs and its lower than yours. Somebody's blowin smoke up your skirt.

OP
OP
N

NIevo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try again i got mine right into factory specs and its lower than yours. Somebody's blowin smoke up your skirt.

Kinda what I thought but I already paid for the alignment and if they screwed it up I want to be able to get my money back or be sure that I am right when I tell them to fix it!

scott99zx6r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take it back then and have it double checked. If they cant do it request a refund, drive out here and I'll do it for ya. :cheers:

dossdrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats my problem...i have a 2001 tahoe and i put a drop torsion key in it,and they are almost cranked down all the way, went to have it alighned and he couldnt get it alighned all the way,,,,is there a camber kit i neeed or what

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
djm sells the upper control arms that will fix this guys.

ELOOSECANNON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
your upper control arm bushings may have too much slop in them to be able to get the correct specs. looks like they just got it back as close as they could to the way it was. Now as far as the other side having one plate all the way one way and the other the other way, that is how you adjust the caster, according to the specs you show it's very possible the frame may be twisted,MAYBE.

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ive seen 3 inch drops not align many times. Thats why djm offers the new upper longer control arms it fixes it right off the batt.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
i have ran djm upper and lower arms for a 4" drop on a 2wd 99 5.3l sierra and was still unable to get properly aligned.

I personally would get a second opinion. Most alignment shops around here will not charge you if they can not align it...or have a minimal 20 dollar charge to put in on the rack and check it. There are way too many of us running a decrank or drop keys that are able to be aligned back to stock specs for this shop to give you this answer.

55belairtim

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hi
heres your problem
Left front Caster is 5.1
Right front Caster is 5.5
too much caster
factory alowable specs sould be
left 2.5-4.5 deg
right 3.0-5.0 deg
tell the alignment shop to rob some of that caster to get you more camber.
should have no issues at all.
take it back have them redo it and if they refuse go to another shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts