04 denali driver seat switch/motor doesnt work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After figuring out i don't have the correct sockets to get the seat removed ...

The official socket is an external torx, I don't recall what size because I use a deep socket that fits snugly. You can, too.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
The OP has a motor or two stuck because of busted plastic gears. From my research, the only solution was an entire bottom seat frame with all new motors and gears. Around $500 for new and $350 from online salvage yards. Probably much less at local u-pick-n-pull.
Where did you find your information on this being the only solution? I have motors running in the back frame support of the driver's seat. The lumbar and side adjustments whir, but no movement. Sounds just like what you describe. Just looking for more info.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i've had this problem since I got the vehicle. The drivers seat is stuck very far forward and makes it hard for me to drive comfortably. When I push the seat switches, they make a buzzing noise for a few seconds and then cut out. It does that no matter which switch I push. I am not sure if it is the motor or the switches fault, but it is difficult to look under the seat and pull plugs because of its current position being so far forward.

Also, does this problem possibly have to deal with no seat warmers working? Appreciate any info that is shared.

Replace the motor on the bottom seat. See the link below

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...wer-up-down-seat-motors-on-an-nbs-suv.116958/

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you find your information on this being the only solution? I have motors running in the back frame support of the driver's seat. The lumbar and side adjustments whir, but no movement. Sounds just like what you describe. Just looking for more info.

Years of research and experience, cannot point to anything specific anymore, don't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy