04 denali driver seat switch/motor doesnt work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamzzz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i've had this problem since I got the vehicle. The drivers seat is stuck very far forward and makes it hard for me to drive comfortably. When I push the seat switches, they make a buzzing noise for a few seconds and then cut out. It does that no matter which switch I push. I am not sure if it is the motor or the switches fault, but it is difficult to look under the seat and pull plugs because of its current position being so far forward.

Also, does this problem possibly have to deal with no seat warmers working? Appreciate any info that is shared.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The seat warmers do not have anything to do with the seat mechanisms not working. You need to remove the seat and check the seat motor gears.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup if the switch on makes s noise it sounds ok but the motor may just be stuck or something is down there binding it up. Does the up/down work? The back rest? If up works try moving it all the way up and look from behind for obstruction

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grab a used memory seat module from a pick and pull and swap it out. Its underthe drivers seat cushion. Be careful of the yellow airbag wires.

jaroh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you fix your seat? I am reading posts and they all end without a fix!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you fix your seat? I am reading posts and they all end without a fix!

The OP has a motor or two stuck because of busted plastic gears. From my research, the only solution was an entire bottom seat frame with all new motors and gears. Around $500 for new and $350 from online salvage yards. Probably much less at local u-pick-n-pull.

jaroh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this is the drivers seat only. I have taken the switches out, checked for power and all the switches show to have power in and out when moving it. The interior lights do not dim when trying to operate the seat. The 25 circuit breaker is fine. And to top it off I can not find a wiring diagram for the seat in the haynes manual. I am struggling to figure out how to take the motors out and check them as I find it hard all of them went bad at once. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks for the reply.

jaroh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well for todays effort went out to remove the seat. I couldn't find the fuse to disable the air bags so I disconnected the battery. After figuring out i don't have the correct sockets to get the seat removed I reconnected the battery and then pushed the seat memory button for my wifes setting and next thing I know I am jammed up next to the steering wheel. Yes she drives like an old woman. So what reset that would only cause the drivers seat not to work?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Well for todays effort went out to remove the seat. I couldn't find the fuse to disable the air bags so I disconnected the battery. After figuring out i don't have the correct sockets to get the seat removed I reconnected the battery and then pushed the seat memory button for my wifes setting and next thing I know I am jammed up next to the steering wheel. Yes she drives like an old woman. So what reset that would only cause the drivers seat not to work?

Sooooo.... is it fixed? I'm confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe