04 Tahoe Driver Door Button Lights and Lock Actuator Issue... Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mid2000luxury

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2004 Tahoe is having some intermittent issues. Depending on the day, all the button lights on the driver's door (heated seat lights, window switch lights, lock switch lights, etc.) will not work. Whenever the lights are not working, the driver door actuator does not work. I should note that ALL the switches still function; turn on heated seats, and all windows will go down, except the lock switch will lock all doors except the driver door. If you use the remote or the passenger door, again it will lock all doors except the driver door.

The issue does not cause any flickering and it does not seem to do it while driving either. Some days everything works, and some days this issue happens all day. I shook the wire loom between the body and door to see if I could get the lights to kick on or flicker, but no luck.

Meathead16

Reaction score
Try disconnecting all relevant connectors then some dielectric grease in the female plug before reconnecting. This cleans the connectors of any fretting corrosion within the terminal.

It may or may not solve your issue but seeing as the solution to this type of problem is almost always opaque and evasive, it's worth a shot.. GM has even sent out bulletins on it, mainly for fuel injectors causing drivability concerns but any electrical connection is inherently vulnerable. Best part is that it's microscopic so there's really no way to know if it's happening or not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar