2005 Driver's power seat track alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KVacek

Reaction score
Truck had the seat bottom tilt (lift/drop front and rear of seat bottom) jammrd up like every YouTube post seems to show. Seat moved fore/aft just fine but I was sick of sliding forward.

Freed up the clevises and lubricated the jack screws and lever mechanisms and now the seat rottom tilt is fine.

So now the seat only goes so far fore and aft.

Hotwired 12V to move the seat to get the nuts and bolts out. Motor and tracks move just fine that way. Removed the seat and cleaned everything, put power to the seat before reinstallation, and the seat only moves fore/aft an inch or two.

There are some postion switches mentioned in AllData but I have no idea where or how any of that works.

Is there a way to clear all memory from the seat module ? unplugging doesn't do it. There's a sensor connection wire to the fore/aft motor too, but what sort of sensor does it connect to in there?

And is there any referrence to make sure the seat aligned fore/aft ? They're completely different side to side and I'm not sure where to measure. Maybe front stud holes? Of course I had to remove the angle drives on the fore/aft motor assembly. What fun !!

Thanks!
Karl

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts