04 burb stalls while stopping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shatcher0428

Shatcher0428

Reaction score
Thanks everyone gives me some ideas to look at, on the fuel pump wouldn’t it do it more than randomly stalling? It cranks right back up immediately whenever it does.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks everyone gives me some ideas to look at, on the fuel pump wouldn’t it do it more than randomly stalling? It cranks right back up immediately whenever it does.

Maybe, maybe not. Only way to rule it out is to document the pressure at the time of the stall. Easy enough to do with a rented fuel pressure gauge from your local auto parts store.

OP
OP
Shatcher0428

Shatcher0428

Reaction score
I did several things, one was I had replaced the battery with one that has 800cc, also had been throwing a flex fuel sensor code so I fixed that and lastly replaced the fuel pressure regulator. It made a huge difference changing the regulator. I was hesitant about replacing because I had just replaced it 2 years ago but whenever I went to swap it out I noticed it had a bad o ring so it was sealing properly

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, y'all. My Suburban 1500 is throwing a P0455 code, and I don't have a smoke machine. :-( My biggest fear is having to replace the fuel pump "module".

OP
OP
Shatcher0428

Shatcher0428

Reaction score
Hey update on the stalling, I ended up replacing the fuel pressure regulator again and whenever I inspected it I notice a Oring did not seat properly causing loss of fuel pressure. I also replaced the flex fuel sensor with a dummy one. I do not use E85 nor will I. so that being said the burb is running a lot better. Thanks for everyone's help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924