03 Tahoe brake lines. active brake control??? RPO code JL4??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jose6326

Reaction score
can i bleed the system the old way?
furthest caliper from the master and work my way up?
or do i need to take to the dealer to hook up the gm scan tool?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
can i bleed the system the old way?
furthest caliper from the master and work my way up?
or do i need to take to the dealer to hook up the gm scan tool?
Yes you can. The abs pump can get air in it but if you cycle the key before each caliper it should bleed fine, if not you can bleed, go for a ride and fine some grass or gravel and lock em up then bleed again, etc etc. make sure you don’t floor the pedal when pumping, you’ll blow seals in master.

OP
OP
J

jose6326

Reaction score
i plan on removing the abs module as well since the abs light keeps turning on and off at various times.

OP
OP
J

jose6326

Reaction score
Yes you can. The abs pump can get air in it but if you cycle the key before each caliper it should bleed fine, if not you can bleed, go for a ride and fine some grass or gravel and lock em up then bleed again, etc etc. make sure you don’t floor the pedal when pumping, you’ll blow seals in master.

so i cycle the key first before i bleed the caliper or bleed one caliper first then cycle the key?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
i plan on removing the abs module as well since the abs light keeps turning on and off at various times.

Probably a hub or wheel speed sensor, not your ABS module. Although, there are solder joints in the module that guys have had to reflow.

If you remove the module, you will need to pull the fuse, or you'll have an external abs light.

OP
OP
J

jose6326

Reaction score
Probably a hub or wheel speed sensor, not your ABS module. Although, there are solder joints in the module that guys have had to reflow.

If you remove the module, you will need to pull the fuse, or you'll have an external abs light.

so pull the fuse first?
is this located in the engine bay or the side panel?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909