Brake help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrash187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently had a line blow on my 06 Yukon Denali. I replaced the lines with
AGS CNC154KIT {#22932591} NiCopp EZ-FIT
RPO Code JL4 (Active Brake Control) from Rockauto. Used the Motive Products Power Bleeder to bleed the brakes,and Autel Maxicheck scanner for the abs module. While I was at it, upgraded front brakes to GMT900 calipers and rotors. Used Valvoline synthetic DOT 3 brake fluid.

I went through everything and made sure there was no air left in the lines. There are no visible leaks of brake fluid. The pedal still goes all the way down to the floor. So I pulled the wheels off and bled the brakes again, just to make sure I got all the air out of the lines. Starting with RR, RL, FR, FL. Saw no air coming from calipers. Then ran the autobleed again on the scanner. This time pressure felt fine. Threw it in drive to see, and a cpl seconds later went to the floor and now it feels like the front caliper wont release. Im working out of town so I dont have all my tools I normally have. At this point Im ready to drop off to a mechanic and have them mess with it. But wanted to give it one last shot.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i don't know anything about the swap so i don't know if this is possible and i don't mean to be insulting but its the first thing that came to mind. as i know its possible on most vehicles and its so simple its a pretty easy oops to do if your rushing at all. the front calipers you put on are you sure you didnt switch them up? if they get reversed they will usually bolt up fine but it puts the bleeder port facing downward. it sounds like you were pretty thorough in the bleeding process so you should be good.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bleeder's def need to be up. if the master went bone dry at any point, you need to bleed the master for sure.

OP
OP
R

roadrash187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ya I made sure the bleeder valves were facing upwards. The master cylinder never went dry but was low on fluid. A lil lower than the low mark on the reservoir. Im just wondering if when the line blew if I got air trapped inside the abs module. Are there any bleed screws on the modulator itself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper