Brake Pad Thread & Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm shopping for brake pads this week. I don't think that I can go wrong with

AC Delco 17d834ch
Pro ceramic kit for Back

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...brake+pads&dpPl=1&dpID=41QpgSJBbdL&ref=plSrch

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/gmc,2003,yukon,5.3l+v8,1415551,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684
OEM part# 19108004

AC Delco 17d785ch
Pro ceramic kit for Front

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000C9GC8I/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1502045383&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=2003+gmc+yukon+brake+pads&dpPl=1&dpID=41Ly7+S-aTL&ref=plSrch

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/gmc,2003,yukon,5.3l+v8,1415551,brake+&+wheel+hub,brake+pad,1684
OEM part# 88909671

Can others describe what make/model he has recently purchased for the NBS 'hoe, 'kon, burb, esky, or XL. If you care to share, will you please list the specs & your thoughts/experiences.

I would appreciate suggestions toward purchase of new BP including any deals you have come across, upgrades like PPV or Denali parts that are compatible with my '03 Yukon SLE 4WD, RPO code JC4 - HD power disk brakes. I appreciate your time & opinions if you can stop by & address the thread. My fingers crossed that brake rotors can be resurfaced & reused with new brake pads, saving me quite a bit of money. I will mic the fronts later today and edit with that info here. I really want to get through this replacement for under $100, but +\- $90 for both frt&back sets + $20-$40 for rotor lathe isn't falling within my expenditure tagged for this job. DD this truck so def need a good pad, espc with the 20" wheels and then new hefty skins going on soon; If I have to spend more then I will just have to suck it up but that's why I'm here reaching out for other ideas so thanks in advance for your contribution.

Last edited:

GMCDAC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am sure you got the brake job done by now Joe, but this is what I ordered. I installed them last weekend. Of course with the rotors it was X2. Got it all from Amazon.

DAC

brake parts.jpg

OP
OP
Chubbs

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for taking the time to share. I replaced the front parts already. I posted on that in the "what did you do to your truck today"

I was getting the pulsation when braking hard, like you would have with warped rotors. I bought a set of front rotors for $35/ea and about the same for the set of pads, from Oreilly as I had a $10 off $100+ coupon that was close to exp.

When I pulled everything down, I found some almost-new pads on the original 15-year old rotors, caliper bolts crusted into place. Previous owner had swapped new pads on it without addressing the rotors in any way, resulting in funky braking.

Chunked everything, installed the new parts and brakes good as new. I will have to do the rear assemblies and parking shoes soon. I may go with Oreilly again as it's convenient should I need to return anything under warranty. I also have coupons, it's cheap, and I have found them to function very well.

I do order a lot of parts online for this truck but I just don't have a lot of confidence in rotors & pads being manufactured to spec so I think I will continue to do business with my local retailers for these parts so that I can resolve any issues promptly & in real time, should I have any issues.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Wagner oex pads, front and rear.
They seem okay. Old Rotors seemed fine. No pulse.
Not a ton of brake dust.
Also had a somewhat seized caliper bolt. Fixed that though.

I should've looked at the parking brake.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia