01 yukon lift (the repeating thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime you modify a vehicle from the factory specs you are going to add stress to the parts. Really its not as bad as it sounds but that's why over time most of us upgrade from factory parts when they go bad. Cranking on your keys will give you a minor lift and a really crappy ride, lol. Re-indexed Keys lift your front end 2-3" if you have 4wd your going to have to watch your CV angles if not you really don't have anything to worry about. Either way you can use factory rims for either, a key lift or cranking will not effect clearance for your stock rims.

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anytime you modify a vehicle from the factory specs you are going to add stress to the parts. Really its not as bad as it sounds but that's why over time most of us upgrade from factory parts when they go bad. Cranking on your keys will give you a minor lift and a really crappy ride, lol. Re-indexed Keys lift your front end 2-3" if you have 4wd your going to have to watch your CV angles if not you really don't have anything to worry about. Either way you can use factory rims for either, a key lift or cranking will not effect clearance for your stock rims.

How crappy of a ride???lol All I was looking for is maybe 2" in the front just to kinda level it out better and just run a little bigger tire with the stock wheels...nothing special.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
When we say "crappy ride" its not bad but its nothing to brag about. It rides like a heavy duty truck. When you crank you truck up you lose downward travel so sudden drop, potholes, speed bumps, can get pretty shakey. You learn to live with it haha

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok cool because I drove an 89 silverado with a 4"drop as my everyday driver for 6 years so i figure it can't be anywhere near that rough.......but I might just get the keys to play around with an inch or two at the most.....all I'm going for is the leveled look....maybe just some 32" tires and not 33"....I dunno...I'll just have to see what happens over time....I'm not in a hurry to get it done.

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea I think when I get the setup I'll put it on all at once....keys, tires, and the allignment....i think that should be fine....until then I'm rolling on stock...

BTW....does anyone know if keys will mess with the autoride? I have autoride taken off the truck right now but I think I can get some new shocks and compressor for hella cheap.....is the key compatible or should I just leave it alone?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I would ditch that autoride stuff all together. I doubt it will work with the keys but Puglia will know for sure.

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see....I'll have to give him a try......cause if it will work and I can get it cheap then I'll get it done....autoride is hella nice for towing....

PUGLIA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mitch,

If you took autoride off that has nothing to do with the auto leveling. You can still have auto leveling with out autoride, they are separate systems. Autoride is just those electronic dampening shocks both front and the elect air shocks in the rear.

If you have the autoride shocks out your battle is won man. Just replace the front with reg shocks and rear with air shocks if thats the route you want to go. But really to tell you the truth you will spend more money over time because of shocks blowing and compressors burning up. Your best bet if your towing is to get load assist bags, you can even get them w/ compressors so you can air them up either by remote or in the hoe. You'll spend just as much and they will last longer. You will have control and you can adjust it to help with ride quality too.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AIR-25592/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AIR-60769/

Just a thought

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man you guys really step it up around here....thanks for all the help and I'll def keep that in mind....I think for now I'm just going to leave the shocks alone and put the resistors on just to get that annoying light out of my dash...BTW they are not the autoride shocks...but thanks for all the advise guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667