01 yukon lift (the repeating thread)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a yukon from a friend and I'm looking to lift it.I know this has to be a thread that never ends. It had the autoride but it has been taken off and the shocks replaced so I think that should be out of the question if my homework is correct. I've been doing some research and it seems most guys are running the 6" suspension and 35s (just from what I have seen) I know there is more out there but I don't really like the body lift kits so I'm trying to stay away from that option.....My question is if there is any lift out there (suspension) that I can install and not have to take a plasma cutter or welding machine to my yukon? (or do they all require it?). I'm not looking to spend a fortune on a lift with wheels and tires. I would just like some honest opinions on what may suit me best. I would prefer a 4-6" lift with 33s. my idea is to get a little better gas mileage than 35s but if the price difference isn't too much then Imight just go all out. But about what price am i looking to get a decent suspension setup installed with new wheels and tires? and I'm not picky about wheels and tires so I think i could definitely handle a used set.

just lookin to hear some opinions

also: if you guys could go back and start over with lifting your yuk/hoe ....what would you do?

jerseyjonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can spend anywhere form $3000 and up depending on how far you want to get into it as you said up there, i am bery happy with the ride/driveability of my truck on 35s

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3-4 thousand....I was afraid to hear that....thats a little more than what I was hoping for......can 33s fit on a stock yukon with the key-lift? might just level it with that and slap some 33s on it and call it done until I'm ready to go big.

Jbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you can level it with torsion keys and fit 33s. They run anywhere from $60-250. my set of 33s discovery stt and 20" rockstars ran me a little over $2000

Arctic-Rodz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did they remove the autoride?

I have 33's on my 98 yukon 4x4 with a tortion lift.. but did have to trim the edges of the bumper to get better clearance of the tires as they turn and the suspension flexes.

Im headin up to San Antonio tomorrow to try and get a 2004 Yukon SLT 4x4 for my next DD/project.
Im also planning a 6" with 18x9 wheels and 35" Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's (Have em on my 98 and love em)

Jbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 03 hoe had the stock keys cranked a little but it didnt do much and i still didnt rub

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why did they remove the autoride?

I have 33's on my 98 yukon 4x4 with a tortion lift.. but did have to trim the edges of the bumper to get better clearance of the tires as they turn and the suspension flexes.

Im headin up to San Antonio tomorrow to try and get a 2004 Yukon SLT 4x4 for my next DD/project.
Im also planning a 6" with 18x9 wheels and 35" Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's (Have em on my 98 and love em)

They removed the autoride because the compressor was bad and the rear shocks were supposedly messed up and to replace the entire system was going to be expensive....or at least thats what I was told....so my buddy replaced the susupension with regular shocks and said to hell with spendin all that money.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

I'm worried about putting extra strain on my joints in the frontend if I crank the keys or stock torsion bar.....can anyone educate me farther on this? also...what wheel spacers will I need for the front? I think I read that you need spacers for the front when you use the keys to get a couple inches.

OP
OP
TWITCH101

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump....any more words of wisdom you guys???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA