01 tahoe front heat sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RachelJWalker

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
NCTyphoonKid

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well still no heat the back heat works great I took the actuator off and it moves and the rod it attaches to moves freely and I tried moving it with it running and heat on warmed up to see if the heat would come on and it didn't bout to be ill with the no heat especially with this cold cold weather.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I had a similar issue last winter (mine only has front heat). I had to flush the heater core, run some clog cleaner chemical for a day (got it at the parts store), and back flush the system twice with a garden hose and compressed air to get it working. Local shop wanted $100-$200 to do the same thing.

OP
OP
NCTyphoonKid

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the other plastic fitting since it started leaking so I back flushed the heater core an pulled the hvac fuse out and let it clear everything. Now the heat cuts in and out and I can hear the actuator going back and forth. Does this sound like a bad actuator?

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

I took the actuator off and now the heat doesn't cut in and out and it stays hot. Guess the actuator was one of the problems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4

Latest posts