01 Suburban non-bose factory amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Creed422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive tried 2 other used stock amps and out of three amps none are working. Hard to believe all 3 are bad but it is a possibility.

Ive checked the amp fuse under the hood which is good. What else is there to check?

Possible head unit bad? The radio does work, it just has no base.

OP
OP
Creed422

Creed422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone have any ideas?

Any suggestions on what to check next would be appreciated.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any sound at all coming from the speakers? Or no sound at all, basically like the radio is off??

OP
OP
Creed422

Creed422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have any sound at all coming from the speakers? Or no sound at all, basically like the radio is off??
I have sound just no bass. The sub in the back isnt working at all.

OP
OP
Creed422

Creed422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The factory amp is on if the door speakers are on. Are you 100% sure that the subwoofer is not blown?
Not really sure on if its blown or not. I dont have a spare to check it. Just know its all trebble throughout the whole vehicle.

I just purchased this 01 Suburban lil over a month ago and have been replacing broken or damaged parts here and there.

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
When i replaced my sub it was completely desintegrated and had zero bass i replaced it with a 4 ohm sub which i had to connect both sides plus to plus negative to negative and make it a 2 ohm sub it now thumps pretty damn good for a stock amp i am now in need of th crossover bypass harness but am looking for one rather than build it

Nickfromga

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What sub did you end up going with? I am honestly looking for just a cheap replacement for the stock location.

Thanks

OP
OP
Creed422

Creed422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: turns out it was the sub. Totally deteriorated. Found a Kicker 8" 2 ohm shallow mount sub on that Letgo app not far from me for $65 brand new. Best buy wants $120 so I practically stole this thing.

Now hears another question.. What would be better for door speakers? 2 ways or 3 ways? Found some Kenwood 2 ways and some Pioneer 2 ways and 3 ways. Cant decide on which would sound nicer or be better.

Im not lookin to spend a shit ton of $$ just some decent replacements.

Z28TWITCH

Reaction score
Aftermarket speakers with stock radio and amp?....get more enjoyment out of a burger from McDonalds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais