01 LT Longevity?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hersheyfire48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know that the Tahoe is a pretty bullet proof truck, but never the less....
Im looking at replacing my 02 Trailblazer, Found an 01 Tahoe LT with 93k on it. Asking price 12900 Over all in good shape. I just wanted to get the opinions of everyone on here as to weather or not this truck will last for a while eith out costing an arm and a leg to keep. Probably just being a little over cautious, but... not made of millions and hoping this thing will last me a good long time.
Thoughts?
Thanks

bankswood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's kind of pricey! If the car is absolutely loaded and pristine then maybe $12,000 but normal price is about $10500.

OP
OP
H

Hersheyfire48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It is loaded, leather, 3rd row, heated seats..... Im not planning on paying 12900, thats just what they are asking, im gonna start off offering 10k and go from there...

Nudisuzukisalvage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would say that's pretty high just because blue book says something doesn't mean that's what is worth. What I mean by that is gas guzzling SUVs are not at high demand with the gas pumps on the rise. I would try to get him down as low as you can or look else where. Mine has 175 k and runs and drives like new, minus the shocks. Those need to be replaced soon.

I would also car fax it to verify miles, these clusters are known to go out. There could be 150k on it and you wouldnt know. Maybe the guy drove it for 3 years with the cluster not operating. When I was looking for mine I had a couple guys refuse to give me the vin so I could car fax it before I showed up. These were on the low mile ones. So car fax it just to make sure. Good luck these are well built trucks!

04SS99Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
way over priced. i paid 10000 with tax for my 03 SLT with every option. truck had 104k when i got it

these trucks last a while it now has 127k and i drove it up from jersey to canada and back in 1 shot towing my camaro home. round trip was 826 miles and it did it like a champ. these trucks can go for a while

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
Way to high the LT on a 2001 is like the current LTZ it was top of the line and came with all that crap I have a 01 LT and a 08 LTZ and I Love them Both My 01 has been super loyal and the dash is in one piece runs and drives good. I have almost 200K Miles on my 2001 tahoe LT I have driven from Coast to coast and back again. I Love it and its held up better then my 2008 LTZ leather and Dash and buttons. I have had both since new.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With gas prices soaring, people are dumping big SUV's. I saw a 2005 with 80k listed for 10,500 at a local dealer here. 2000-2001 Tahoes are going for about 8k or less. I would offer 8k and pay 10k MAX. If they dont wanna deal, be patient and keep looking. You WILL find a better deal soon, especially with going up more and more.

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
You will find deals and I guess it's locale based but here in ny, gas prices are about 4.45/gal for 93 and yet I see daily driven burbs and hoes like they are civics. People will pay for comfort and use( I am 34, with a wife no kids, 4 other cars and 3 dogs. I have no definitive need for my hoe, beyond my selfish wants)

But don't let an aggressively priced truck steer you away from what you want

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24

Latest posts