“Driver Door Open” message on 2009 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cruise control wont work if there are other problems detected by the bcm it's a built in safety feature, same for the auto start, and anything blocking the rear backup sensors ability to read the area they are designed to "see" will cause a problem. Also backing up faster than 5mph will shut the sensors off. If you installed something on the rear and it is not blocking the sensors then check the wiring harness to the sensors and see if you accidentally yanked one out or something in the process. the Buzzer sound is probably produced by the bcm and is not likely to be a separate device.

OP
OP
R

RJLTZ09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Using a magnetic tool for the rod made it easier for me. Did these things happen before the door latch? If so the brake pedal switch under the dash should solve the cc issue and perhaps smog the parking issues. Also check your ground cables. These are known to cause problems. OE receiver or aftermarket?
It was disconnecting the rod that was difficult. The window being able to be closed and the radio staying on until I opened the door we’re both features that existed before I replaced the lock actuator. Before the replacement of the actuator, the cruise control quit working (worked on and off and then just quit working permanently). The back up proximity buzzer and the Park Assist quit working over two years ago. I leave a trailer hitch in the OEM hitch receiver. I will go look to see if a wire is disconnected from one of the rear bumper mounted sensors and look at the ground cables.

Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
R

RJLTZ09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cruise control wont work if there are other problems detected by the bcm it's a built in safety feature, same for the auto start, and anything blocking the rear backup sensors ability to read the area they are designed to "see" will cause a problem. Also backing up faster than 5mph will shut the sensors off. If you installed something on the rear and it is not blocking the sensors then check the wiring harness to the sensors and see if you accidentally yanked one out or something in the process. the Buzzer sound is probably produced by the bcm and is not likely to be a separate device.
Thanks. I grouped the response to some of your suggestions in the earlier reply. I will pull the hitch out of the OEM receiver to see if the sensors are looking at it and check out the sensor and ground wiring. I appreciate your insights.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info knowing it didn’t happen all at once. My cc did same thing it was switch under pedal I doubt your hitch is causing the rear problems so your left with a simple bad latch sensor in the door. My guess on rear is a short or a ground wire look at the wires that come through the top of the lift gate

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, This vehicle has been in a death spiral. The cruise control quit working. The back up proximity warning buzzer quit working. The Parking Assist doesn’t work. It will probably cost a bunch whenever I decide to get all this fixed and sell it. Can a trailer hitch and hitch ball affect any of this?

Like Big Mama said, the brake switch is your likely cause of cruise issues. I can’t believe how many people I’ve talked to that have been putting up with cruise control issues and were able to fix with a $30 part and 5 minutes of effort.

If your hitch is aftermarket, do you have a pinched wire going to a bumper sensor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork