XLDenali06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cameras are slated to arrive tomorrow, and my oem/backup camera interface is supposed to get here Wednesday. I'm already working on the hubby to convince him that I *need* the chrome Esky dash trim. And a Rockford Fosgate 8" sub to replace the stock one. And, and, and... Lol. I'm sure he's convinced I'll never be done. Which is likely the truth. Haha.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cameras are slated to arrive tomorrow, and my oem/backup camera interface is supposed to get here Wednesday. I'm already working on the hubby to convince him that I *need* the chrome Esky dash trim. And a Rockford Fosgate 8" sub to replace the stock one. And, and, and... Lol. I'm sure he's convinced I'll never be done. Which is likely the truth. Haha.
So you're gonna wire in backup and front bumper cams through specialty setup to your stock headunit? Also which chrome dash trim are you referring to?

Super Kevin

Reaction score
Yeah, around here that was a pretty good deal. The 2005 Z71 Suburban I'd bought right before this one I paid $4900 for and it had 256k miles. When I totaled it a whopping 2 weeks later, insurance valued it at $6350. It didn't run anywhere near as good as this one. I looked around Georgia, Florida, Alabama, the Carolinas, and southern Kentucky. Nearly all of the Suburbans and Yukon XLs around here have close to or over 200k miles, and most of those are in the $4k-$6k price range. Private party sales being a bit lower than dealer prices, of course, and lower miles fetching higher prices. Around here it's not uncommon for ones with under 150k miles to have a price tag of $7k-$8k or more.

Yea. I noticed the same thing. Everything has high 100s or more for mileage. Most have 200k or more. I was looking for a lower mileage 05-06 Denali (because I like that body style) but after I missed on several including a low mileage 02 Yukon w/ a optioned 6.0, I started looking at 07-up. I ended up driving to Nashville to get my Denali and paid $13,300 w/ 180k on it. When I bought my Tahoe in 2012, it had 84k miles on it and I paid $15k for it. I had to drive to Atlanta to get it. Seems that either: There are no vehicles in the Chattanooga area or....I am just too picky.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're gonna wire in backup and front bumper cams through specialty setup to your stock headunit? Also which chrome dash trim are you referring to?

Yes, the plan is to hook up front and rear bumper cameras to the stock navigation screen through an interface from a company called Nav-Tool.

Maybe the chrome rings in the cluster?

Yep, the chrome rings in the cluster. I think they'd look nice over the Denali cluster.

Yea. I noticed the same thing. Everything has high 100s or more for mileage. Most have 200k or more. I was looking for a lower mileage 05-06 Denali (because I like that body style) but after I missed on several including a low mileage 02 Yukon w/ a optioned 6.0, I started looking at 07-up. I ended up driving to Nashville to get my Denali and paid $13,300 w/ 180k on it. When I bought my Tahoe in 2012, it had 84k miles on it and I paid $15k for it. I had to drive to Atlanta to get it. Seems that either: There are no vehicles in the Chattanooga area or....I am just too picky.

Yeah, we drove up to Knoxville when we bought the 2005 Suburban Z71 I had right before this one. That was after about a month of searching. Totaled it 2 weeks later and had to start all over. We got really lucky and found this one right here in Chattanooga. Before we went to look at it, I was figuring there'd be something mechanically wrong with it, but it's in surprisingly good shape for it's age and mileage. So we bought it and have been happy since. We already had tentative plans with other people in both Birmingham and Nashville to look at cars, and almost didn't even look at this one because it seemed to be almost to good to be true. Seems fate smiled down upon us that day. April Fool's day, of all days. Lol.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't surr I wanted to do it either. And I took alot of work because I'm ocd and everything has to be done perfectly, haha. But once I did I'm glad I did. I hate non painted plastic and my 2006 had the exact same plastic trim piece above the rear glass like yours. I love the light and color matched base that holds it in there. Much cleaner look in my opinion. But to each there own! Either way your truck looks very classy the way it is with those racks!!

So, just how much work is it to get the esky 3rd brake light to work on ours? I probably won't pull the trigger too soon, but I'm liking the idea more and more as I think about it. I've read that you have to change out either the hatch or the hatch glass or something. Is that true for every nali or only certain ones?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
So, just how much work is it to get the esky 3rd brake light to work on ours? I probably won't pull the trigger too soon, but I'm liking the idea more and more as I think about it. I've read that you have to change out either the hatch or the hatch glass or something. Is that true for every nali or only certain ones?
If it's not an esky you have to swap out the glass. Can still use your stock hatch.
There are a few who stuck it on thier stock glass with double sided tape.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You'd have to swap out your entire cluster if you wanted to add those chrome rings. I'm not sure if they came on certain Esky models like the Platinum. I have a cluster out of an 04-05 Esky and mine aren't chrome. IMAG1628.jpg
They're just painted and gray. IMAG1123.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar