XLDenali06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good friend! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the esky racks up there! Not sure your plan on the headunit/cameras. But you will love having a backup cam. The front cam is a good idea and I'm still wanting to do that also. But that backup cam is gold! I went with a clarion nx405 unit that came bundled with a clarion cam and it's awesome!

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, this just happened today, despite the rain. I still need to adjust the cross bars and lock em in place, but I was pretty soaked by the tone I got everything else done, so figured those could wait until tomorrow. Lol. Love, love, love the way the Esky racks look on the Nali!

2017-04-23 14.33.38.jpg 2017-04-23 14.34.44.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I've been thinking about doing the 3rd brake light mod, but I actually like it how it is though, so I'll probably leave it. Until I get ready for a change, anyway. Lol.
I wasn't surr I wanted to do it either. And I took alot of work because I'm ocd and everything has to be done perfectly, haha. But once I did I'm glad I did. I hate non painted plastic and my 2006 had the exact same plastic trim piece above the rear glass like yours. I love the light and color matched base that holds it in there. Much cleaner look in my opinion. But to each there own! Either way your truck looks very classy the way it is with those racks!!

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been raining ever since I got home yesterday with the vent caps and luggage rack, so the black plastic looks better than when it's dry. I may not be nearly as okay with it once it stops raining. Haha!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been raining ever since I got home yesterday with the vent caps and luggage rack, so the black plastic looks better than when it's dry. I may not be nearly as okay with it once it stops raining. Haha!
Mine was still black. But that fact that it didn't mesh with everything else color matched drove me insane! Haha.

Tahoe_SJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While I don't plan on any really big modifications, I figured I'd start a build thread before I did too many little things to the nali. If nothing else, it'll be neat for me to look back at and see what all I've done.

I started with a bone stock black 2006 Yukon XL Denali , purchased on April 1st, 2017, with just under 200k miles.

View attachment 80073

DVD player didn't work. 3rd brake light didn't work. Missing the handle off the 2nd row passenger side seat. Missing the courtesy light on the front passenger door. Missing the reflector on the rear passenger door. CD changer didn't work. No floor mats aside from a Weathertech mat on the front passenger side, and the oem cargo mat. Other than these small things, it was in really great shape. Found out it needed a driver side wheel hub, too. Possibly a sway bar link. Still, not bad for $5800.

$5800 with that many miles? I was thinking of selling/trading my '06 Denali XL, more like 135k and runs like a top. My sunroof doesn't open (likely needs a new motor if anyone cares) and a couple of the dash/wheel backlights are out. One speaker also, but other than that, still strong. Where did you shop and buy? Thanks and good luck

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$5800 with that many miles? I was thinking of selling/trading my '06 Denali XL, more like 135k and runs like a top. My sunroof doesn't open (likely needs a new motor if anyone cares) and a couple of the dash/wheel backlights are out. One speaker also, but other than that, still strong. Where did you shop and buy? Thanks and good luck

Yeah, around here that was a pretty good deal. The 2005 Z71 Suburban I'd bought right before this one I paid $4900 for and it had 256k miles. When I totaled it a whopping 2 weeks later, insurance valued it at $6350. It didn't run anywhere near as good as this one. I looked around Georgia, Florida, Alabama, the Carolinas, and southern Kentucky. Nearly all of the Suburbans and Yukon XLs around here have close to or over 200k miles, and most of those are in the $4k-$6k price range. Private party sales being a bit lower than dealer prices, of course, and lower miles fetching higher prices. Around here it's not uncommon for ones with under 150k miles to have a price tag of $7k-$8k or more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt