XLDenali06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, around here that was a pretty good deal. The 2005 Z71 Suburban I'd bought right before this one I paid $4900 for and it had 256k miles. When I totaled it a whopping 2 weeks later, insurance valued it at $6350. It didn't run anywhere near as good as this one. I looked around Georgia, Florida, Alabama, the Carolinas, and southern Kentucky. Nearly all of the Suburbans and Yukon XLs around here have close to or over 200k miles, and most of those are in the $4k-$6k price range. Private party sales being a bit lower than dealer prices, of course, and lower miles fetching higher prices. Around here it's not uncommon for ones with under 150k miles to have a price tag of $7k-$8k or more.
Somewhat similar prices here in Jersey, but I've seen ads from New York that are way cheaper with lower miles. Strange since they're right across the river. Probably much harder miles considering they're driven in the city. Denali is looking sweet BTW.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Somewhat similar prices here in Jersey, but I've seen ads from New York that are way cheaper with lower miles. Strange since they're right across the river. Probably much harder miles considering they're driven in the city. Denali is looking sweet BTW.

I think a lot of the high miles ones around here are from family vacations, which may be part of why the prices are what they are. Used car prices now are crazy compared to when I bought my first car in 1999. My first car was only 9 years old. At the time, I said I'd never have a car older than 10 years old. And here I am, 18 years later, and I just bought an 11.5 year-old car. Of course, my first one was what I liked to call a coke can on wheels, while this thing is a land yacht, but still. I thought by now I'd be able to afford something a little newer. 5 kids on one income keeps money tight though.

But I digress...

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, our rides are timeless! :)

Timeless, and in cases like mine they're also hella functional. It regularly hauls 4 out of the 5 kids, plus soccer gear and fold up chairs and blankets and diaper bags and spare clothes and whatever else will fit. Lol.

Speaking of functional - not exactly a mod, but got my nonfunctional DVD player swapped out for a functional OEM one. So now the kids can enjoy movies again. Now I just gotta rig up some sort of mirror for the ones in rear facing car seats!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Timeless, and in cases like mine they're also hella functional. It regularly hauls 4 out of the 5 kids, plus soccer gear and fold up chairs and blankets and diaper bags and spare clothes and whatever else will fit. Lol.

Speaking of functional - not exactly a mod, but got my nonfunctional DVD player swapped out for a functional OEM one. So now the kids can enjoy movies again. Now I just gotta rig up some sort of mirror for the ones in rear facing car seats!
Sweet! Did you do the install yourself? I think if you go to any store that has a decent baby section, you'd be able to find a mirror that'll fit the bill. I've seen them before. Or, you could wire in another monitor for the kiddies, facing them.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's way cheaper than out here in California. Lol. All of the gm full sized I looked at 2 years ago before i bought mine, in the low-mid 100k mile range were still going for 10-13 Gs in price. It was ridiculous. What I paid for mine was even more. But mine was of the really hard to find and few Yukons with under 100k miles. I spent $15k on mine but it only had 74k on the odometer, was a one owner car from right here in California, and aside from a few cosmetic issues and some maintenance stuff it needed, it was in pretty good overall condition. Even with 200k on yours you scored a pretty good deal! And like you said, you get a tone of vehicle for that price with a ton of functionality.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Did you do the install yourself? I think if you go to any store that has a decent baby section, you'd be able to find a mirror that'll fit the bill. I've seen them before. Or, you could wire in another monitor for the kiddies, facing them.

Yeah, the swap was VERY straightforward. Just 3 bolts under where the screen closes and the whole thing swings down, hanging by a bracket on the DVD side. Unplug 3 harnesses from the back of the DVD player, unscrew 4 mounting screws and 2 faceplate screws, then pull the DVD player out. Reverse everything to install the working unit.

As for the mirrors, I ordered three 12"x12" acrylic mirrors (3 rear facing kids in the 3rd row)...gonna figure out a way to mount them each on a hinge to the headliner so they can be up and out of the way when not in use. With that size, they should each be able to easily see the screen, and I should be able to see them when there isn't a movie going.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
$5800 with that many miles? I was thinking of selling/trading my '06 Denali XL, more like 135k and runs like a top. My sunroof doesn't open (likely needs a new motor if anyone cares) and a couple of the dash/wheel backlights are out. One speaker also, but other than that, still strong. Where did you shop and buy? Thanks and good luck
Every place has its own value. Value of a denali (or any vehicle) will be much different between somewhere like socal and say Washington depending on trends and supply and demand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia