XLDenali06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Noice. Love my fleece chip.
Black grille looks great.
Shouldn't have any texture to the plastidip tho, should be just as smooth as paint. Did you use plastidip brand ?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Shouldn't have any texture to the plastidip tho, should be just as smooth as paint. Did you use plastidip brand ?
I think sometimes if you go too thick on the coats and don't let it dry fully before applying the next coat, you'll get a textured look to it. That happened with my rims.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good!. How hard was it to swap fogs? Did you have to take the bumper off? The mounting bracket on my drivers side is broken and loose. So I need to order a new one but I've been putting it off because I don't know how hard the swap is.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I used the Plastidip brand, but probably did everything wrong that you can with the application. Lol. I've since watched some YouTube videos and am confident that my next try will go much better.

Looking good!. How hard was it to swap fogs? Did you have to take the bumper off? The mounting bracket on my drivers side is broken and loose. So I need to order a new one but I've been putting it off because I don't know how hard the swap is.

The fogs are super easy to swap. Just get up under the front end, unplug the harness plug from each light, and unscrew 3 bolts. Reverse the steps to install new ones ;-)

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Plastidip brand, but probably did everything wrong that you can with the application. Lol. I've since watched some YouTube videos and am confident that my next try will go much better.

The fogs are super easy to swap. Just get up under the front end, unplug the harness plug from each light, and unscrew 3 bolts. Reverse the steps to install new ones ;-)
Sweet deal! I gotta get mine done lol.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have the 5S 8k lumens in my low beams. And they are fantastic. They have the little copper braided cooling tassels and they fit perfect in my housings. I went with their G8 12k lumen setup for my highbeams. While I love the output of the 12k and the tone of light and pattern, they have the little cooling fans behind them which makes fitment PITA. As far as a I found, Vouke doesn't make the bulbs for the highbeams with the braided cooling tassels, they only make them with cooling fans. But that's my only complaint. Otherwise I love them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia