XLDenali06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I swapped out one of the fog lights just now. Love it with the lights off. Not too sure about the look when the lights are on though. I have some tint on the way to cover the 26" led bar I'm going to put in, so I'll see how I like that and may go that route for the fogs, too, instead of the already tinted ones.

Stock fog light:

20170711_194753.jpg

Tinted fog light:

20170711_194740.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I swapped out one of the fog lights just now. Love it with the lights off. Not too sure about the look when the lights are on though. I have some tint on the way to cover the 26" led bar I'm going to put in, so I'll see how I like that and may go that route for the fogs, too, instead of the already tinted ones.

Stock fog light:

View attachment 178222

Tinted fog light:

View attachment 178221
Not to sound like a killjoy- but-doesn't putting tint on a led light bar kind of defeat the reason you're putting it on? It'll look good when the light is off, but the light output will be terrible. BTW, the tinted fogs look great!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That front end looks killer! Color matched surround piece just looks so clean! I just had it done to mine and it's awesome! I also have the same depo headlights and they look great! They look even better on your black truck!

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put a coat of plastidip on the grille surround the other day. Planning to put a few more coats on it plus the glossifier, but it's been so hot latent that I've been hibernating inside. Lol.

I did get my black housing Depo headlights on earlier today. I just had to get them on as soon as they came in the mail. Love the way they look!

I also got some tinted fog lights and a 26" LED light bar to put in place of the lower grille. Both of those will probably wait until this weekend. I'll be sure to post more pics as I get things done.

View attachment 178218

lookin good. color matching is always better to me on these Denali's

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to sound like a killjoy- but-doesn't putting tint on a led light bar kind of defeat the reason you're putting it on? It'll look good when the light is off, but the light output will be terrible. BTW, the tinted fogs look great!

If I *really* needed a lot of extra light then I wouldn't do it, but around here I rarely even have to put on my brights, so it'll only rarely ever be needed at all, so I figure I can sacrifice some light quality for my vanity. Lol. If it's too bad though, I'll peel it off. The tint is cheap enough that I'm not too worried about it either way ;-)

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ignore the still stock driver side fog light, lol, we've had SO much rain the last several days that I haven't had much of a chance to change it out. I barely got a chance to put a couple more coats of black plastidip on and mostly dried yesterday before it rained. No glossifier yet - probably won't fool with it this go round because I'm not really happy with how the texture came out. I'll eventually peel it all off, try again, and assuming I get a smoother texture then I'll add the glossifier. But I'm still loving the look!!!

PicsArt_07-18-04.50.00.jpg PicsArt_07-18-04.51.12.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ignore the still stock driver side fog light, lol, we've had SO much rain the last several days that I haven't had much of a chance to change it out. I barely got a chance to put a couple more coats of black plastidip on and mostly dried yesterday before it rained. No glossifier yet - probably won't fool with it this go round because I'm not really happy with how the texture came out. I'll eventually peel it all off, try again, and assuming I get a smoother texture then I'll add the glossifier. But I'm still loving the look!!!

View attachment 178812 View attachment 178813
Coming along nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick