What do you TOW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lefty_Rick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone tows with their 1/2 ton SUV's? Lets see pictures! We have a 2013 GMC Yukon XL and are thinking about getting another camper but don't want to get anything to big that it can't handle it. I know it would pull it locally but if we would take it on vacation long trips! That might be where I get concerned!

Lefty_Rick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone tows with their 1/2 ton SUV's? Lets see pictures! We have a 2013 GMC Yukon XL and are thinking about getting another camper but don't want to get anything to big that it can't handle it. I know it would pull it locally but if we would take it on vacation long trips! That might be where I get concerned!
I'm running a 98 Tahoe 2 dr 4x4 and I've been towing a vintage 25' Airstream for about 4 years. I replaced the motor a couple of years ago with a Chevy crate motor, HT383 E stroker. Had the trans and rear ended after the first trip to Yosemite. Got nearly 300k miles out of the original running gear. Living in NorCal, I've been all over the West Coast, a blizzard in Albuquerque, a couple of trips to Denver and Boise. Planning a trip to Maine later this year. My Airstream comes in around 6500 lbs fully loaded. Air bags and adjustable shocks a must on my Tahoe. Good anti sway hitch also a must.

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have 2010 yukon 4"-2" drop air helpers tow travel trailer 3.2t tows well

Last edited:

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

hi 2010 yukon 4"-2" drop air helpers tow 3.2t travel trailer no probs leaving to-morrow for 3k trip i am in australia some very hilly sections

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi 2010 yukon 4"-2" drop air helpers tow 3.2t travel trailer no probs leaving to-morrow for 3k trip i am in australia some very hilly sections

i tow a 22' what we call caravan you call travel trailer over all length 30' i will try to show photo to-morrow after all hooked up

giroux68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yamaha AR240 and a 20ft coachman. just did the power stop rotors and pads with stainless braided lines. added a brake controller today too. Going on the cross country trek to Yellowstone next month. 20170524_150733.jpg 20170515_143328.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts