How much trust do you have in the 3.0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macrez21

Reaction score
Well, based on the helpful feedback received here on my post, I did decide on getting a Yukon XL with the Duramax.

For the last several weeks, I have searched day and night, checked the GMC website daily, and found a couple of Premium/Luxury-package equipped SLTs I liked, but none were quite perfect enough in regard to options and location--I didn't necessarily want to deal with the logistics of buying all the way across the country, since I would want to see/drive in person prior to making the purchase.

Then this past weekend I looked at and sat in a Denali, knowing right away that I had to have one of those instead. I looked for a few days for a Duramax-equipped Denali, and quickly realized that the combination of options I am seeking is even more of a unicorn in that trim level.

So I just placed an order yesterday for a 2024 Yukon XL Denali with Duramax and just about every option except the Rear Entertainment and Max Trailering packages...I don't have kids to entertain, and won't ever buy a boat or camper.

Waiting to hear back about when my order will actually start being processed, and roughly what to expect...2-3 months, 6-8 months, who knows at this point with everything going on?!?
Congratulations. Sometimes building is the way to go… especially a Denali with that interior set up. I ordered my Tahoe Premier in September. Luckily the dealership had an allocation end of Sept. TPW was Oct 24th and I took it home the day before Thanksgiving. We love the diesel so far and it really is an amazing machine

Texanfisherman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022 with 30k miles and zero powertrain issues. Cannot say enough good things about our experience with this engine. San Antonio to Orlando and only one fuel stop. 29.5 mpg for the round trip. Change my own oil and filters. Well built and very smooth power. Only wish I could eliminate def.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mercedes nor BMW makes anything as big as a Yukon. The x7 and Gls feel way small. I like the new extended defender too but it's still too small.
Only thing close is the big lexus SUV, but he likes bmws not reliability.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we are back from our 2800 mile road trip. Truck is even more impressive to me now. At first when we left Florida to NY I was focused on trying to get the great fuel mileage I see many get. ( Florida is 80 mph plus with AC on). I average 22-24 rountinely. Well I had a head wind and driving slower annoyed me. But was getting 25 mpg. The remainder of my 2500 miles was 85mph plus. Once in NY local traffic, suburban driving then blasting back home with our new puppy. Lots of stops and high speed coming back. Truck was flawless....and our average mileage was 25.6 for the entire trip!!! Amazing. Love this truck.

I do get concerned after reading some of the getting stuck stories away from home. My diesel tech at the dealer hates the 3.0 -Told me once the warranty is up get rid of it. Likes the 6.6 but said these are a longterm nightmares with stupid issues??? 2.5 years and 30k---I can't imagine owning anything else. I wish it was less complicated but techs seem to hate this truck.IMG_2611.jpeg

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking boy!! Looks like our pups Dad. Long haired beauty! LOL he just started shedding the puppy coat...oh what a joy!!LOL

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking boy!! Looks like our pups Dad. Long haired beauty! LOL he just started shedding the puppy coat...oh what a joy!!LOL
I was wondering if your fellow was a long hair too. Looks intelligent in addition to being handsome.

Our vacuum cleaner can't keep up. The whole house is furry.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a Rhodesian Ridgeback, very low maintenance, short hair no smell. Had Shepards for years, i knew what I was getting back into....I just chose to forget....but I have been reminded!!! LOL There is no skipping a day...we just leave the vacuum out.
Literally appears to be the smartest dog I have ever had! He's a Ferrari. No leaving him in the garage. Not going to be just our pet...this guy wants a job! A bright light.
Best of luck w/ your boy!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk

Latest posts