What do you TOW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattWright

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone tows with their 1/2 ton SUV's? Lets see pictures! We have a 2013 GMC Yukon XL and are thinking about getting another camper but don't want to get anything to big that it can't handle it. I know it would pull it locally but if we would take it on vacation long trips! That might be where I get concerned!

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 XL Denali and just towed my 23 ft hybrid camper (about 6k) from VA to Tampa and about to go to key west then back to VA. With my 2002 suburban I have towed our old camper a 27 ft (about 9k)

The Denali is ok at towing. I just fixed the autoride and put a bigger trans cooler on it. Have not towed with it yet but will be on Friday from Tampa to Key West and we will see how it goes.

The suburban is tuned, intake, exhaust, and e fans. Also has helper bags and bilstiens. It has a little trouble keeping with traffic but if you stay with the semis it is great.

So I will update you on Friday night.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow a 6000lb 20 foot open bow sea ray v hull with a 350 Chevy V8 in it. With my 2006 denali xl. Tows pretty well. Blew out an autoride shock over my crappy ass pavement so I gotta get my replacements put in here pretty quick. But on stock autoride shocks it rides pretty good. I also have an upgraded trucool 40 trans cooler and it's fantastic. Plan to add helper bags pretty soon after I do the shocks, and then replace my cats and exhaust. But I don't town over long distances as it isn't necessary right now. But my 2006 xl denali tows pretty well.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have helper bags ready to be installed but I want to see how the arnott shocks do, and I'm on vacation so we will see when they get installed. So far my TruCool 40k is keeping the trans temps way down. But like I said we will see over the next leg of the trip.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Parthery

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22' Grady White Dual Console with a Yamaha 225 on a bracket. Tips the scales at right at 6K with 1/2 tank of fuel (about 50 gallons).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy