Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Dropped off the hoe today for the Tb swap. I also asked him to check out the air bag light and to see if he can turn on the electric fans through the pcm. He keeps making it sound like it's a huge ordeal to do that.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Dropped off the hoe today for the Tb swap. I also asked him to check out the air bag light and to see if he can turn on the electric fans through the pcm. He keeps making it sound like it's a huge ordeal to do that.
When I had my tune done they turned mine on with no problem and set the temp time to come on and off. I set mine a touch lower to come on. My plan was to tow with this thing !

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
When I had my tune done they turned mine on with no problem and set the temp time to come on and off. I set mine a touch lower to come on. My plan was to tow with this thing !
From what I've read on the forums, it's not hard at all. He was a GM mechanic before, so I think he still has that dealer mechanic mentality. What's your programmed temps and what are they stock?

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
From what I've read on the forums, it's not hard at all. He was a GM mechanic before, so I think he still has that dealer mechanic mentality. What's your programmed temps and what are they stock?
I am not 100% sure what I set them too. I think we set to 205 cause the thermostat opens at 195 and fans should have came on at 210-215 if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thx. I ran into a Yukon for sale that had a dual fan setup, but they looked like they we're wired with a sensor on the hose. IMAG1947.jpg

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Thx. I ran into a Yukon for sale that had a dual fan setup, but they looked like they we're wired with a sensor on the hose. View attachment 180650
I haven't got my electric fans in and working yet but it's coming very soon. And from what I have been reading here I am going with the factory set up. I hate having problems after I do a change or mod

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I haven't got my electric fans in and working yet but it's coming very soon. And from what I have been reading here I am going with the factory set up. I hate having problems after I do a change or mod
I def hear that! There's a guy on cl selling a setup, including the radiator, for $125. Pretty good deal.