Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not good news. It's barely running, something's wrong. I'm torn up from all the work on it and I was supposed to go back to work tomorrow. I don't know what's wrong but I don't have a good feeling. There was an extra set of weird intake gaskets in the kit but nothing in the instructions about them. Everybody was closed yesterday when I installed the lower manifold so there was nobody to answer questions. I didn't see how they would work so I thought they were added by mistake, like they also added fuel injector connectors by mistake. Today BlackBear finally got back to me and they sent an "LS Addendum on intake gaskets" that showed them being used, and being held in place with some adhesive shit while the manifold is lowered. I then called Whipple and they said I should be fine , they've been using just the O-rings they included without a problem. Then I went out and finished up the install and tried to start it. Those gaskets are about 8 hours of work to replace because the SC has to come off first. I'm sick, and don't know if I have massive intake manifold leaks or if it's something else. I did notice a bit ago there is a hose connection on top of the throttle body so if someone can go look to see where that goes, please let me know. I think it might have gone to the passenger side valve cover. But hey, I just talked to work in the middle of typing this and decided to take this entire week off. F it, I'll figure this out if it kills me. I'll just have to get around on this old bike I have for awhile.

View attachment 80771

View attachment 80772

Damn that sucks, this hose is on top of the TB? I can look in the morning I've got my engine cover off atm, I take it's a factory hose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks, this hose is on top of the TB? I can look in the morning I've got my engine cover off atm, I take it's a factory hose?

Yep. I think it went to the passenger side valve cover. The Whipple instructions called that the PCV filter line and had me connect it from the valve cover to the air inlet tube. My Spectre CAI didn't have a hose connected to it so maybe that explains it. The instructions are for a 2003 since they don't make a kit for a 2002 since they were mostly DBC instead of DBW like mine is so some parts are different. On another note, Justin just got back to me and said code P0200 is my problem, one or more of my fuel injectors isn't connected. I'll have a look tomorrow, it's getting late and I'm beat. Some of those are really hard to get to now.

IMG_6438[1].JPG

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. I think it went to the passenger side valve cover. The Whipple instructions called that the PCV filter line and had me connect it from the valve cover to the air inlet tube. My Spectre CAI didn't have a hose connected to it so maybe that explains it. The instructions are for a 2003 since they don't make a kit for a 2002 since they were mostly DBC instead of DBW like mine is so some parts are different. On another note, Justin just got back to me and said code P0200 is my problem, one or more of my fuel injectors isn't connected. I'll have a look tomorrow, it's getting late and I'm beat. Some of those are really hard to get to now.

View attachment 80775

I'll snap a pic tomorrow and post it, mines an 04 I don't recall a hose but I could have missed it

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get than injector connected and let's get a vid! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it looks like there's definitely a hose going from the passenger valve cover to the TB correct?

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like there's definitely a hose going from the passenger valve cover to the TB correct?

Well on my 04 it's coming off the intake doesn't really attach to the TB it's exactly like that pic posted above but yours might be different since it's an 02?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Like @95escahoe said, ours are newer, and don't come off the TB, but are just behind it off the intake. Here's another pic I found that I think is older than yours, but you can see a hose off the TB:
3809-271653af3232f6c00360e8a6cfde3d92.jpg

It looks to go to the same place. Yes, a nipple on the pass side valve cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900